Javascript: How to keep the app inside the screen, at the correct zoom and with no scroll allowed?

edited November 2015 in General Discussion
Hello, I've been banging my head with this for a lot of hours, and I'm sure it will be a very trivial thing for someone more Javascript savy than me.
I'm doing a board game in HTML5, but I find problems in rendering it correctly in my cellphone.
Following this tutorial http://forums.andromo.com/discussion/comment/7271 I've tried putting at the beginning of the code:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, user-scalable=no">

The result is that my app fills the cellphone's width, but the content overflows downwards, so it doesn't fit in the screen, and allows vertical scroll. (Ugly, because I need the whole game to be in a single screen, even if images have to be smaller)
On the other hand, when I don't put this line of code, the app appears initially very tiny, and I can zoom it manually to the right dimensions. I'd like this zooming to be automatic.
Anybody have an idea of what could I be doing wrong? I've tried removing styles, eliminating any width or height in pixels in the code, resizing the images to make them smaller, also using height=device-height instead, and it doesn't make any difference...