This configuration cannot be published for the following reason(s):

edited February 2016 in General Discussion
I'm trying to publish a new version of an app, all I did was changing the AdMob and Analytics codes, but Google Play does not allow me to publish it. After uploading it, instead of "publish to production" the icon only allows "Save draft", and there is this error message:

This configuration cannot be published for the following reason(s):

• Version 1 is not served to any device configuration: all devices that might receive version 1 would receive version 3.
  • Version 2 is not served to any device configuration: all devices that might receive version 2 would receive version 3.
  • Some
    devices are eligible to run multiple APKs. In such a scenario, the
    device will receive the APK with the higher version code.

Anybody faced this problem before? Is it something on the Google Play side?

Comments

• No suggestions? Before consulting this forum I googled the problem, but all the solutions available sent my head spinning before finishing the first line (if I was able to understand that stuff I wouldn't be using Andromo...)
  • That means you published several versions of your app, but nobody had time to download and install them before this most recent version. You only need to update your app in Google Play once you are happy with it. That means you have downloaded, installed ,tried it out etc.

To fix this, you need to disable those other versions in your Google Play developer console before you upload your newest version.
  • Thank you for your reply, colinadams, I just saw it.
    :(
    I don't remember I did that thing of publishing several versions of my app, but it might be. I got it to work somehow by tinkering around the console. Thank you for explaining.