With the gold package do you get?

edited December 2011 in General Discussion

I am getting close to a finished app that I am considering buying the gold package.

1. Once purchased do you get to upgrade the app for every?

2. Are there any limitations to the gold package?

3. I am also considering using the Andromo site on a regular bases, when do you expect the price increase to go up on the gold package? I want to be able to tell clients a good quote for costs ahead of time?.

Also

What other costs are envoled in getting a app to market? I would like to plan for any hidden cost.

Also is there any review service here that can look over the app and make any suggestions of improvement before sending out to market or public?

Lots of questions I know, I am very interested in getting this all off the ground here, and have several ideas for app to build and market.

Thanks

apman

Comments

• Hey apman!

Great questions and glad to have you on board!

The Gold Package is awesome for any business app (you wouldn't want ads to appear for your competitor if you're making an app to promote or advertise your business or products!), or for those super great ideas where you want 100% of the ad revenue.

To answer your questions:

1. The Gold Package is per app, so $99 for each app you want to upgrade to Gold. It's good for one year and you can update your app as much as you want during that time. At the end of the year, your app won't expire or stop working or something greedy like that - you'll simply loose the Gold Package benefits if you continue to update or change your app. Many people simply make their app once and never update it ever again, so it's not an issue. If you like to make changes, add new features etc., you'd just pay the upgrade fee once per year to benefit from it.

2. The Gold Package lets your either Turn off the Ads or Keep 100% of the AdMob impressions. You also get some other nice benefits like support for Google Analytics, Priority Build Queue, etc. We may add Gold-only activities at some point, but for now that's it.

3. We'll likely keep the $99 for through January 2012. It may be extended beyond that, but it really depends on how things are going. Even at $199, the value is pretty awesome.

>> What other costs are envoled in getting a app to market? I would like to plan for any hidden cost.

To add an App to the official Google Android Market, you just need an account there. It costs $25 and you can then add as many apps as you make to that account. The fee is to basically ensure you're a real person - so no big expense there.

>> Also is there any review service here that can look over the app and make any suggestions of improvement before sending out to market or public?

Not right now, but that's a very interesting idea!

Good luck with those apps!

Colin
  • Thanks and great answers you covered them all. Thanks