Google Play & Push Messaging & Air Bop

edited August 2013 in General Discussion
I really dislike Google more and more, I just had to recompile about 70 apps today, they were programed in an IDE instead of Andromo. Anyways the hassle was over push messaging, it seems the people that work at Google doing app reviews can be very clueless at times and just ban any app they feel like, of course Google offers no real information to help you correct their monkeys mistakes and you risk losing your Admob & Play Developer accounts over their misjudgments.

Ok my semi question is this, since they hate Push messaging with a passion, do you think Airbop enabled apps might get flagged, yes I know it's not an Ad network like Air Push or LeadBolt, but the manifest had notification flag in it, the monkey might hit the big red ban button on the app.

If you guys haven't read their new Google Play Policies released on the 23rd you need to just to see what all Google is banning.  
Tagged:

Comments

• @straybullet: I think they just don't allow us to send ads in notifications anymore (if the user doesn't opt-in and has an easy way to opt-out). Other than that, messages should not be a problem.
  • @straybullet @hendrixs I don't think that this will affect AirBop in anyway.  Lots of apps use AirBop and GCM for reasons not related to ads and these apps will be fine.

As far as push ads go I think that Google has basically banned them except for in a very very limited context (opt-in or no opt-in):
    • Apps and their ads must not display advertisements through system level notifications on the user’s device, unless the notifications derive from an integral feature provided by the installed app. (e.g., an airline app that notifies users of special deals, or a game that notifies users of in-game promotions).

Notification ads are prohibited—Your app
    should not create system-level notifications
    containing ads unless the notifications are part of the explicit
    feature set of the app.

• @mark Thanks for explaining!