warning notice from google

edited December 2013 in Off Topic
i'm using old version of andromo. how do i re-build new version of andromo and keep existing user to install my new app?

thanks

Comments

• Change the version number in APP info to something slighty higher, hit Build button, upload the generated app as an update in Google Play.
  • Every time you click 'build' in Andromo it increments the internal version number of your app by 1 automatically. The value you enter on the 'App info' screen is for your own reference. When you upload to Google Play, it's the 'internal' version number that determines if your app is newer or not.
  • thanks for your fast reply.

1) that means i make "new project"
    2) make the version higher example 3.4 to 4.4?
    3) i have Custom Package Name. do i hv to enter the same name?
    4) realize Package Name different with "new project" number

thank you

• No, it means you just click 'build' and then update your app in Google Play. You don't have to do anything else. If you change the package name, or you create a new project, then you are making a new app rather than an update to an existing app.
  • @colinadams
    When we manually select the version number before we click Update, doesn't it affect the final package at all?
    Can't be because in some apps I noted down, when I updated it, from 1.0 to 1.01 and in others I updated 1.0 to 1.1 and they both resulted in that update number visible in Gplay.
  • The version # on the 'App Info' tab sets the 'version string'. It's the human readable version of your app. The internal number is what determines if your app is 'new' or not.
  • OK thanks.