Andromo App Review 01: Technology News Updates

edited March 2014 in App Showcase

For the first Andromo App review we are going to take a look at a tech news app: Technology News Updates

Here is the video review you can read a little bit more about the app below:

This is a really slick looking app that uses what appears to b an
HTML Archive (or custom page) for its dashboard. The look of the
dashboard is great, but it suffers on the Nexus 5 as it shows three
items per row, where it would probably look better with two or ever one
item per row.

The app pulls from a lot of different tech sides including the following:

• Tech Crunch
  • Extreme Tech
  • Digi Trends
  • T3
  • Gizmodo
  • CNET
  • SlashGear
  • BBC News
  • Wired
  • Mashable
  • Gizmag
  • TechRadar
  • MIT
  • Digg
  • New York Times Bits
  • Crunch Gear
  • BGR
  • Engadget
  • ZDNet
  • The Verge
  • PC World
  • The Register

It’s a really cool app, if you are into tech news you should check it out for free on Google Play.

Don’t forget to submit your app for review in the Andromo Google+ Community.

Made with Andromo App Maker

Comments

• Great review the app indeed is very slick and looks like it took alot of time to make. Most games and apps are designed for landscape rather than portrait view so Iam sure most users love it. The only thing that needs to change is the excitement level of the reviewer. Mark you got to have more energy but excited. Us developers know your working hard but if an average viewer see's the review he will think your bored and forced to do the review. Other than that it was excellent you hit good and bad points as well as showed multiple devices , which is better than 75% of the reviews I see on apps. More enegry!!
  • Fantastic app, really slick and I just LOVE to see when people push boundaries with what is possible to do with Andromo (also with stuff that @pixelpower does). Congrats, @tamworthheat! Nice review, @mark!
  • Thanks for the review.  I will certainly look at re-designing it for the Nexus5 (which means I will probably put the responsive design to two columns.)  I will work out a way for it to recognise certain devices and respond accordingly.  A very positive review - thank you very much!
  • @pixelpower Hah! Thanks, I was mostly just trying to enunciate and make sure that people could understand what I was saying.

@hendrixs Thanks!

@tamworthheat Great job with the app overall. As I said in the review very slick looking. On smaller devices you might even consider going to 1 column, but you are the developer so it's up to you. Keep up the good work.
  • @Mark Cheers.  It feels really good to get a good review.  It is responsive and on the devices I tested it does go to one column.  I think (like you said) it is the high res on the Nexus 5 that means it doesn't show as well as on some devices. But i look forward to revising it to look good on all devices! Thanks again  :)