Income?

edited December 2011 in General Discussion
I'm doing an article on Andromo. On the Andromo-features page I read "We split the ad impressions 50/50 with you. Totally free". I'm trying to find out how these revenues are supposed to reach me but I cannot find this anywhere. Please help.
Tagged:

Comments

• Hi cidtest,

In the project settings, you need to enter your Admob Publisher ID on the Ads and Analytics tab.

You can get a publisher ID from www.admob.com. Sign up as a mobile publisher, and you'll get an ID that you can use in all of your app projects.

When you build your Andromo app with your publisher ID in it, the app will automatically switch between using your admob ID (50% of the time) and our admob ID when it sends the ad request. (If you upgrade the app to gold, it will use your admob ID 100% of the time, or you can remove the ads completely.)

You can track your app's impressions and clicks, and handle payouts, etc. by logging into the admob website.

• is there a video on how this is done with admob not seeing my id after signing up there? Not sure how this is post to work here? Please advise?

• It's possible the AdMob has a video, but it's not too hard. Here are the steps in detail:

1. Go to admob.com and sign up.

2. Choose Add Site/App from the menu

3. Pick 'Android App'

4. Fill in the App Name, Category and App description. You don't need to enter the Android Package URL as you won't know it until you've put your app up in the market anyways. Leave that completely blank.

5. Click OK.

6. You'll then see a screen that talks about the AdMob Android SDK. This is the confusing part. Just ignore it and click the 'Go to Sites/Apps' button at the bottom. You don't need to download the SDK or anything. Andromo takes care of that part for you already.

7. Now you'll see a list of your Apps. Find the app you just added and hover over the name with your mouse. You'll see a Manage Settings button appear. Click it.

8. That's it. You'll see your Publisher ID up at the top. It is below the App Name and below the Site URL. It is labelled 'Publisher ID' and is a 15 character code (alphanumeric).

• make an app 6 mnths ago with 7k users iv now bought the $50 a year deal and followed your steps above colinadams

will i start to make some small returns from the advertising?
  • The new plans increase your ad revenue share from 50% to 100% - plus you get access to *all* the activities, including what used to be 'Gold' activities - so you can make better apps with more features now. In the end, it's all about how good your app is and how many people use it. The more users, the more ad money you'll make...
  • how do i know if i have the advertising set up correct i have went through all these steps colin
    1. Go to admob.com and sign up.

2. Choose Add Site/App from the menu

3. Pick 'Android App'

Fill in the App Name, Category and App description. You don't need to
    enter the Android Package URL as you won't know it until you've put your
    app up in the market anyways. Leave that completely blank.

5. Click OK.

You'll then see a screen that talks about the AdMob Android SDK. This
    is the confusing part. Just ignore it and click the 'Go to Sites/Apps'
    button at the bottom. You don't need to download the SDK or anything.
    Andromo takes care of that part for you already.

Now you'll see a list of your Apps. Find the app you just added and
    hover over the name with your mouse. You'll see a Manage Settings button
    appear. Click it.

8. That's it. You'll see
    your Publisher ID up at the top. It is below the App Name and below the
    Site URL. It is labelled 'Publisher ID' and is a 15 character code
    (alphanumeric).

• Make sure you go to the 'Ads' tab in your project and select the "Show Ads" option. Then enter your Admob ID where indicated. Now 'Build' your app again and re-upload to Google Play. That's it!