Target API level requirements from August 2018

Today i got a message when i upload my apps:

"Target API level requirements from August 2018

Warning:

Your app currently targets API level 24 and must target at least API level 26 to ensure it is built on the latest APIs optimized for security and performance.

From August 2018, new apps must target at least Android 8.0 (API level 26).
From November 2018, app updates must target Android 8.0 (API level 26)."

My question is, how to upgrade andromo API to level 26?

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Yes we're aware of the upcoming changes to Google Play and are working on the changes required. An update to Andromo will be released prior to that deadline.
  • ok.. can't wait for that update :)
  • Great, andromo still the best...thanks
  • hello, any update?
    I can't upload my app. !_!
  • @aht844 It's just a notification of requirements that will take affect in August. It doesn't prevent you from publishing right now.
  • @darryl i want to ask you if we need to update the old applications published on store or just new apps from august 2018 are concerned?

Thx for your help!
  • The message says what needs to be done:

From November 2018, app updates must target Android 8.0 (API level 26)."

Means you do not have to update apps. But if you update after Nov 2018, you will be forced to target API lvl 26.
  • edited May 2018
    Hello, I am getting this same message.  It does not seem to be just a "notice".  I am prohibited from rolling out.  Please advise asap.
  • Hello, operator error!  I figured it out.  I had to upload a particular photo.
  • Excelent!! thanks i love Andromo.com
  •  Warnings

Your app currently targets API level 24 and must target at least API level 26 to ensure it is built on the latest APIs optimized for security and performance.

From November 2018, app updates must target Android 8.0 (API level 26).
  • Yes we're aware of the upcoming changes to Google Play and are working on the changes required. An update to Andromo will be released prior to that deadline.
  • hi, please help me, i got this message

Resolve these errors before starting the rollout of this release.

Your app has an apk with version code 11 that requests the following permission(s): android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS. Apps using these permissions in an APK are required to have a privacy policy set.

how to resolve this error, i can't publish my app.
    thank you
  • Give a privacy policy inside the app and in the app's listing.
  • does it means, we edit the  project in andromo ( in license agreement?) and build updated apk?
  • Yes, that's Step 1.
    Second and more important (for Google to allow the app without this message) is give a Privacy Policy URL in the app listing.
  • @seganti What anteos explained is correct. Just to clarify, that permission required when you enable push notifications (AirBop) in your app.
  • hello
    how to target API lvl 26 in my apps ?

• Wait until Andromo has an update that will target it.
    Will also help if you take a look on 10+ threads that have been asked on this topic in the forum.
  • Any news on when Andromo will update for this?
  •  Before August 1...
  • API24 its automatically become API26 after update in my app published in play store ?
  • Only if you build the app again after Andromo creates API26 update and then submit an update to the app in Play Store.
  • So do I need to just create a new release and upload it to the Google Play store?
  • Yes, just rebuild your project and update it in Google Play.
  • Today I got mail from Google Play about required to target Android Oreo (API level 26). I not update any of my apps from last some time my all apps api level is 22. Now i want to know if i update my app in andromo then what is api level ?