Andromo App Maker for Android v5.0.15 Released

edited May 2018 in Announcements

Andromo App Maker for Android version 5.0.15 has been released.

Here is a list of changes in this version:

• Added GDPR compliance to apps. Additional developer steps are required to be compliant, refer to the Creating GDPR Compliant Apps with Andromo blog post for full details.
  • Added support for Google Maps API keys to the Map activity. This is to accommodate changes introduced by Google on May 2, 2018: “Introducing Google Maps Platform“. You will want to read that article and familiarize yourself with their new pricing, free tier credit and configure usage/billing limits in your Google developer account. Learn how to use the new Google Maps API Key and HTTP Referrer feature in the Map Activity topic of our Knowledge Base.
  • Updated the versions of various Android SDK build and runtime components used by Andromo.
  • Updated the Google Mobile Ads SDK (AdMob) version to 15.0.0.
  • Updated the Google Play Services client library to version to 15.0.0.
  • Updated the Facebook Audience Network SDK to version 4.28.2.
  • Updated the AppBrain SDK to version 14.10.
  • Updated the AppLovin SDK to version 8.0.1.
  • Updated the StartApp SDK to version 3.8.4.
  • Updated the YouTube Data API Client Library to version v3-rev195-1.23.0.
  • Relaxed the validations in the Phone activity to allow * and # characters.

Andromo App Maker for Android v5.0.15 is now live at www.andromo.com.

Comments

• excelent!! thanks
  • thank you
  • How can I set a HTML archive activity as a HTTP referrer in my Google Maps API console? I need a url like the one I receive in the Map activity.

In the HTML activity I am using the Maps Javascript API and other APIs.
  • @olaf_rosendahl I believe you should be able to use the same format. Look at your HTML Archive activity's "Activity URL". There you will find the ID of your activity. The ID will be something like "html1234". Use that ID in the path, but make the first letter of the ID uppercase. So it would be something like the following where "myfile.html" is your map file if it was in the root of your archive zip:

__file_url__//android_asset/Html1234/myfile.html

If your map file was in a subfolder, it would instead be something like:

__file_url__//android_asset/Html1234/my_folder/myfile.html

Give that a try.

• Guys, i got what seems to be big FAN problem.
    I am in EU, so I cant get FAN ad. Then how will the process of review move on? i cannot send ad requests...
    Any suggestions? Any way you can add capability to enable fan sdk for eu just enough for the test ads requests for review? And then we can manually disable it again?
  • OK - I figured out how to send ad requests. I used a VPN free app in my phone and sent the requests for FAN by relaying traffic to a Singaporean proxy. It worked, but... well let's just say we need a method to deal with this problem that is more efficient and less of a hassle.
  • If we think of any other way to do that, we will see what we can do. However if a vpn or proxy works for that, great. Hopefully Facebook will update their sdk to allow for GDPR compliant non personal ads available and we can enable that in Andromo for eu users. 
  • Yes, that is the most important thing. We need FAN to work their asses off and provide a GDPR compliant sdk like the smaller companies did.Losing FAN impressions in EU is necessary for now, but will hurt us in the long run.
    But until then, you are right, proxy works.
  • Thanks @darryl, will try
  • @anteos it’s pretty obvious that they don’t want to give up that tracking data. It’s the way they make their money. At some point once the dust settles and everyone gets on the same page, we can also look into a way to ask app users for consent to opt in to non personalized ads, but that’s a ways off. Frankly, I don’t see why people would choose to be tracked when the other option is “don’t track my personal info” and there is no downside to it, as the app need to work the same either way.
  • @anteos A couple other methods that might work for FAN are:

For physical tablets (won't work for phones):
    1. Set your device Locale to a non-EU locale (in device's settings).
    2. Do a clean install of the app on your device.
    3. Disable Wifi connectivity.
    4. Launch the app, wait about 15 seconds (and dismiss and dialogs you're showing).
    5. Re-enable Wifi and navigate around as usual. At that point I believe FAN will be enabled. If you have a small number of activities, you could kill the app and then restart it after step 4.

For phones:
    Your best option would probably be to use an Android emulator setup with the same credentials as your physical phone along with installing the Facebook App (with your FB credentials). Google offers various emulator options, some with Google Play available. Google's Android emulators are available after installing Android Studio and can be created using their AVD manager. Based on what I've seen, their emulator device's default to returning US for API calls that are used, so that's what they'll be detected as.

So those are a couple of other options.
  • As far as I have tested, emulators from Genymotion are detected by Facebook and no matter what you do, ad will not show. Even if FB app is logged in properly. But something might have changed since last time I checked.

The trick you gave about tablet will actually be a good work-around - because I actually used tablet, not phone and since there is no Sim and no WiFi, it will rely only on locale - should work. Thanks!
  • I've personally never used Genymotion, only Google's emulators. I've also never tried the FAN aspect as far as production ads on Google's emulators to see how it's handled, so it's possible it wouldn't work (ie. they treat all emulators the same).
  • Excellent changes. But we were waiting for years to make it possible to upload multi images at once on image galleries. You said it was in your list but still nothing :( 

• Yes, well, I've been making suggestions for a multi images upload at once on image galleries.

I also told them to download the music at once.

Well I hope you can add the images via link also at once

But they always tell us that it's on the list...!
  • Sorry, my English is bad :# :s
This discussion has been closed.