warning on google play

i am getting this warning on google play how to proceed with this? Thank you.

As of May 5, you must tell us why your application requires broad access to storage

We have detected that your application contains the requestLegacyExternalStorage flag in the manifest file of 1 or more of your app bundles or APKs. Developers with apps on devices running Android 11 (or later) should use delimited storage to give users better access control over their device storage. To publish your application on Android 11 or later versions after May 5, you must: Update your application to conform to privacy best practices, such as the storage access framework or the Media Store API. Update your app to declare the Access to All Files (MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE) permission in the manifest file and complete the Access to All Files permission declaration in the Play Console starting May 5. Completely remove Access to all files permission from your app. In applications targeting Android 11, the requestLegacyExternalStorage flag will be ignored. To retain broad access, you must use the Access permission to all files. Apps that request the Access All Files permission without authorized use will be removed from Google Play, and you will not be able to post updates.

Comments

• me too! Was is it about?

Starting May 5th, you must let us know why your app requires broad storage access

We've detected that your app contains the requestLegacyExternalStorage flag in the manifest file of 1 or more of your app bundles or APKs.

Developers with apps on devices running Android 11+ must use Scoped Storage to give users better access control over their device storage. To release your app on Android 11 or newer after May 5th, you must either:

• Update your app to use more privacy friendly best practices, such as the Storage Access Framework or Media Store API
    • Update your app to declare the All files access (MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE) permission in the manifest file, and complete the All files access permission declaration in Play Console from May 5th
    • Remove the All files access permission from your app entirely

For apps targeting Android 11, the requestLegacyExternalStorage flag will be ignored. You must use the All files access permission to retain broad access.

Apps requesting access to the All files access permission without a permitted use will be removed from Google Play, and you won't be able to publish updates.

• StephyAP what is your app? is your app accessing expernal file?

• I also got this message on play console andromo support please fix issue.

• yes, there are a few links and set as wallpaper, I have opened a ticket

• I have also received it

• Same thing here. I have a niche recipe app, so I'm not understanding why it's showing up in mine. But if our apps settings aren't resolved by the middle of may, our apps will be removed, so then it will be a waste to even bother with Andromo, and I hope that's not the case. Hopefully someone can roll out an update or at least something to assist us with fixing it ourselves.

• You can use builder v2 until August 2021 with the target SDK 29.

This already fixed on the v3 builder with the target SDK 30.

• ZacharyWeinberger i think if our app have android 11 then this problem come. right now our app running on android 10 so no issue for us. so we have to move from android 10 to android 11 with v3 builder means to make new apps again with v3 builder with the old package name. and upload it till august 2021 .

am i right meold?

• @meold How to migrate our app to the V3 version or should I create the app from scratch? Could you explain¿?

cc @StephyAP

• What if i don't update at all my application from V2, it will be removed from store or not? i couldn't find a good answer for that.

• I think it would be quite difficult to maintain the support for V2.

However, I wonder when V3 will finally be available for the Starter Plan. I assume that there will be a migration! A manual migration would not be possible for me until August!

For years, even before the sale of Andromo, features had been promised. I have been waiting for a simple search function for 5 years. So, I have lost many users and new installations.

So Andromo team, finally become concrete, when V3 is available for all.

• And the big problem ,ad networks applovin and startup, in V3 is not supported yet