Just upgraded to the new Admob

edited August 2013 in General Discussion
So I just upgraded and it seems that all of the earnings that I had in my account have disappeared. WTF? Anyone else experience this? What now?

Comments

• Nevermind. I guess I should have read their FAQ before I got all worried about it.
  • So, where are your earnings? :)

Btw, I'm seeing a sharp drop in eCPM in the last few days. I went from $20/day to $14/day. Requests and CPC Imps are normal, but it's true that CTR was 1.13%, 1,00%, 0,93% and 0,78%. I guess I was servis less interesting ads lately?
  • According to the FAQ, my old earnings won't show but they will send them to me on the next pay date.

I can't speak for how my eCPM is doing now that I switched over, since I just did it. But I can say that what I've been making has seen a decline since they put out the new Admob and before I switched over. So we'll see how all of this goes.

Is it just my account or do they not offer payouts to PayPal anymore? With the new Admob the only option I see is direct transfer to my bank account. And that means I have to hit a minimum of $100 now for payout instead of $20 like before.
  • From what I understand and have seen, your old earnings are still there in the old www.admob.com account, and will be paid out to you at the end of the month.
  • edited August 2013
    For what it's worth, they don't seem to enforce the $100 minimum (or at least they didn't a year ago). I started getting deposits to my bank account after I hit $20.

Also, It takes about 15 days for them to pay you after they say you've been paid. So they say at the beginning of the month that payment is complete (for the month prior to the one that just ended), but you don't actually get it for a couple weeks.
  • I think the old AdMob had $20.00 as the minimum, but for the final payout of the legacy AdMob (if you upgraded to the new AdMob) you will be paid regardless of the minimum:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/google-admob-ads-sdk/5erpgb5NizA

• @tholyoak & @mark - Yes I know that it was $20 to be paid out before if you had them pay you out to Paypal. It seems that the Paypal payout option is no longer available though. They now only allow payout to a bank account, and along with that comes a minimum payout of $100.
  • @shaney_g They do allow cheques in supported countries (I'm not sure which but it appears to be available here in Canada). Here is a list of the payment options available: https://support.google.com/admob/v2/answer/2772229

I'm not sure why they removed PayPal to be honest.

• edited August 2013
    I've upgraded today and have two "probelems".

1) I have a 123 Easy Sightwords FREE added to the list of my apps, even if the app isn't mine.
    2) I've created a House Ad and saved it, but now I can't find it. Any ideas where could it be? Here is a FAQ - https://support.google.com/admob/v2/answer/3210442?hl=en&ref_topic=3210455 - but I don't have the "Campaigns Table".

Thanks.
  • OK, I found it. It's under Promote -> All Apps -> Choose your app -> Campaigns.

Now, I'm not sure how to start these house ads. In the old AdMob all I had to do was choose how many impressions I wanted. Now I need to enter the eCPM for AdMob Network and House Ads.

Please see the attached picture (the attachment isn't working - I've uploaded the pic here: http://postimg.org/image/erc23xkb9/). I've entered $0.07 for AdMob and $0.05 for House Ads, but I don't know what the heck am I doing. Hopefully, this stuff is free!

Any advice?

Thanks.
  • @hendrixs I would ask AdMob support or post on their support forums, I'm not sure of the answers myself.
  • edited August 2013
    @shaney_g What I was saying is that the $100 minimum has never been enforced for checking accounts. Perhaps it will be now, but it wasn't before.
  • @mark: Thank you. Will do. Btw, I've read on another forum, that House Ads do not work yet for many users. I think I'm one of them. :)
  • @tholyoak Good to know. I received payments from Admob before using Paypal. The payout for that was $20. So I'll just have to wait and see how it goes with checking.