Amazon Apps - Problem with the Admob interstitial?

edited January 2014 in General Discussion
Just got this e-mail:

Dear Developer,

In a recent review of xxxxxxxxxxx, we noted the placement of mobile ads negatively impacts the user experience, and enjoyment of your app. 

We have temporarily suspended serving mobile ads in your app due to the implementation of pop-up or full-screen ads.  When you have updated your app to improve the user interaction, please email us at Amazon-Mobile-Ads@amazon.com.

Your Amazon Mobile Ads Team

What do we do? Could it be that Amazon doesn't like interstitials anymore? This app only got admob banner, admob interstitial (at default settings) and amazon ads.

Comments

• Yes, Just received the same. Mine only had interstitial ads :). Looks like the banner ads will be going back in for Amazon at least.
  • Interesting, I have some apps with AdMob interstitials in the Amazon AppStore but have not received an email like this yet. I wonder if this is only a problem for Amazon ads and not the Amazon AppStore itself?
  • I also didn't receive anything yet, but it could be soon, as I too have all my apps on Amazon (20 or so) with interstitial ads enabled.

@mark: Having two (or more) different projects for one app could be useful. :) In one we would edit the GP apps and in another Amazon apps. I guess Amazon will increasingly try to enforce their own ads and everything.
  • From what you wrote there, it sounds like Amazon Ads doesn't like sharing with Admob interstitials, rather than Amazon's appstore having a problem with Admob... Interesting...
  • edited January 2014
    I've had no emails about other apps - 2 of which they are currently featuring. I've already updated the 'offending' app and replied to their email. I'll publish any response here. It's a shame to remove the interstitials though as they have been quite productive. Another issue is if only banner ads are used the Kindle does not display them in Landscape mode which obviously loses potential revenue.

• I have two apps with AdMob interstitials on Amazon and haven't received an email. Maybe frequency was to high for your ads???
  • edited January 2014
    This app mentioned in the email was my last published one and the frequency was at default values. I reckon that they found out during the review process. All other apps I got also have interstitial but I got no message from them, seems they do not re-check other apps once already published.
    What now, we wait for a couple of hours and then update with a version specifically for Amazon (without interstitials)?
  • I had one App so far, that was submitted about 3 weeks ago.
    The App had a podcast and a html activity (portrait only).
    I am not sure, if the activity type and/or orientation are relevant or not.
    We will see ...

• edited January 2014

#WTF

OK so my Interstitials revenue from Amazon is near ZERO anyway - as is most ads from Amazon (they had a surge now they've nearly died off altogether.

I will only include Amazon ads for amazon store (as i used to).

I will also re-submit all my apps (8) to amazon without admob

Oh Well

Dear Developer,

In a recent review of xxx, we noted the placement of mobile ads negatively impacts the user experience, and enjoyment of your app. 

We have temporarily suspended serving mobile ads in your app due to the implementation of pop-up or full-screen ads.  When you have updated your app to improve the user interaction, please email us at Amazon-Mobile-Ads@amazon.com.

Your Amazon Mobile Ads Team

• Should we remove interstitial and submit new version as update? I think I will proceed with it.
  • Hi Everyone,

Just a quick question about this, is anyone using Tapgage interstitial in their apps? Or do these apps contain only AdMob and Amazon?
  • In my case just admob. The app has been resubmited and accepted. No reply from from their mobile ads team yet. There also has been no communication about any of my other apps that have Interstitials. One of these is 3rd place in its category and currently has a add campaign running through their developer select program so I guess if they had any issues I would have heard by now. 
  • i was using just admob, nothing else
  • edited January 2014
    Only Admob interstitial and banner and Amazon ads
  • Thanks everyone, if you receive any replies from Amazon please let us know.
  • edited January 2014
    I've posted a question in this thread on the Amazon Forum.
    Hopefully they will provide some feedback.

• IMHO The Interstitial Ads do appear a bit too early in the App experience, always seems to be after clicking the first activity.  Not sure if thats any reason for Amazon but it's worth mentioning