Samsung is terminating my apps!

edited September 2014 in General Discussion
I woke up to a nasty surprise today.
Seems like my whole apps portfolio in Samsung Apps is being terminated, one application after another.
‘Sale’ has been changed

The ‘Sale’ of the application registered by ---- (E-Mail:-----) has been changed as follows.

Application Title
: ----_terminated

Previous Status
:

Current Status
: Terminated

Details
:
I opened a ticket in support to ask them, but this cannot be good...
It might not be related with Andromo, because lately I have been mass-producing live wallpapers. However, even Andromo apps are terminated.

Does anyone else have same thing these days?

Comments

• Yes, the same here.All my apps are "terminated" one by one , including Andromo apps. I opened a ticket as well but no answer....
  • Maybe we should hear from someone who has not worked with live wallpapers, because this smells like WLP problem
    :-/

EDIT: I got an answer, but they must be dumb - they asked me for more details and a screenshot. By the time they sent it, all apps had disappeared so nothing to take shot on but oh well...
  • anteos What do you mean WLP problem ? What does it mean?
  • Live wallpapers...some markets consider them lower quality apps and I have been mass producing them lately. Maybe they did not like them.
  • It's not about live wallpapers, they are deleting all type of apps, including ebooks,news apps,etc.
  • pvlalina did they delete all of your apps?
  • @diasapps : Yes, all of my apps are gone from Samsung store :(
  • pvlalina sorry for keep asking but i want to know, did you submit more than 3 apps per day for example ( 5-10 apps submissions daily) ? The same question goes to anteos. The reason i'm asking is ,if we have "spamming" problem of some kind. 
  • Yes, there is chance I submitted more than 3 per day.
  • Same here, more than 3 per day
  • I even can't login anymore to my samsung account. The apps were rejected in advance.
  • I can login and I can even submit new apps too... I hope they reply to my ticket.
    Also hope we can re-submit the apps even if we got the 3per day limitation
  • My apps are fine so far, but I don't have many of them, and I try to make them full of content - not only shortcuts or simple wallpapers (wallpapers are also fine, but if you spam app stores, they will ban you).

Go for quality, not for quantity.
  • edited September 2014
    I received a reply:

Regarding
    your inquiry, we would like to inform you that some of applications
    were terminated by the department in charge due to one of the following
    reasons. ① You did not develop the application using Samsung SDK but registered the application to GALAXY Specials category.
    ② The contents included was not suitable for under 18.The reason above is violating Samsung GALAXY Apps Policy.Thus,
    please check your applications if you were using Samsung SDK or
    violated the Samsung GALAXY Apps Policy with the content not for under
    I think I will resubmit the Andromo apps with a rebuild for all of them in order to include the Samsung SDK.
    However I do not know why they removed all apps even the recent ones with the SDK
  • 1/ I do not think, that submitting more than 3 apps a day is any kind of problem!
    I often create a bunch of apps. Run them on my devices over several days (in order to test them properly for a longer time frame) and submit them, after everything runs fine, all on the same day.

2/ I had one app removed on Samsung, which was a very old, never updated, wallpaper/ringtone app.

3/ I have several old apps, not updated yet to the new SDK and they are all fine (even rechecked by Samsung only a couple of days ago)

• Hello friends...

All my apps were terminated from Samsung stores...

So i ask them reason for termination my apps n I got this reply from Samsung........

Regarding your inquiry, we would like to inform you that please check your applications again whether you developed using Samsung SDK or not first.

We noticed this news twice and the applications were terminated by one of the following reason.

① You did not develop the application using Samsung SDK but registered the application to GALAXY Specials category.
    ② The contents included was not suitable for under 18.

The reason above is violating Samsung GALAXY Apps Policy.

Assuming that the your application name, Best Free Apps The Android Store, the reason why the application was terminated is going to be that you are not using Samsung SDK.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
    For more information about using Seller Office, you can also check out Frequently Asked Questions and Seller Office guide which can be found in Seller Office as below. 
    - FAQ:
    ① Seller Office > "Support" > Click "Samsung GALAXY Apps" > [FAQ]
    ② Seller Office > "Assistance" > "FAQ"
    - Guide:
    Seller Office > Click "Guide" on right upper side > Select the guide which you want to download

at middle of this reply they have clearly mentioned that (the reason why the application was terminated is going to be that you are not using Samsung SDK.)...

so andromo peoples please help us to solve this problem...

• I asked Samsung if it is safe for me to resubmit all my apps, or if there is a max limit of apps per day.
    They said if I submit SDK apps correctly, there will be no problem and there is no max limit of apps uploads per day.
  • Cool, that's great to hear!
  • Andromo uses the Samsung SDK if you set the Target Market to "Samsung Apps: Android Galaxy devices" on the App Info tab.

If you built your app with that setting and didn't accidentally submit the wrong file, then either they made a mistake or your apps were terminated due to the second reason they gave.
  • @loren :thanks for your information...but i'll like to say that all my apps were built by setting the Target Market to "Samsung Apps: Android Galaxy devices" on the App Info tab....and all my apps were based on general topics such as natures wallpapers, football clubs and players wallpapers, abstract wallpapers, cartoon videos apps etc....so its clear that none of them where adult apps...

That is why m not getting the exact reasons for my apps termination.....
  • Have you heard any more from Samsung? Since they mention "GALAXY Specials" specifically I wonder if they thought you should use a different category based on the image filter SDK that was used in the app.
  • @lorne Apps are getting deleted in samsung is different issue...Now there is sumthing new in samsung apps store...After all my apps got deleted from samsung apps store on 14th sepetmber  i tried to resubmit my andromo apps by building all my apps again by setting the Target Market to "Samsung Apps: Android Galaxy devices" on the App Info tab...now the problem is that they are accepting only my video apps...but all my images apps are in "Test Conformation Delayed" stage from 21st September...when i asked reason for this in samsung support they had giver me answer in this mail

Regarding your inquiry, we would like to inform you that all of the applications in 'Test conformation Delayed' status are considered not being developed by using Samsung SDK even though your account type was the Developer.

So the certification was delayed for a while to confirm this according to the policy.

Please note that the result will be coming out within this week, we apologize for this inconvenience.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
    For more information about using Seller Office, you can also check out Frequently Asked Questions and Seller Office guide, which can be found in Seller Office as below. 
    - FAQ: 
    ① Seller Office > "Support" > Click "Samsung GALAXY Apps" > [FAQ] 
    ② Seller Office > "Assistance" > "FAQ" 
    - Guide: 
    Seller Office > Click "Guide" on right upper side > Select the guide which you want to download