Andromo App Maker for Android v4.4.0 Released

edited July 2015 in Announcements
Andromo App Maker for Android version 4.4.0 has been released.

Here is a list of changes in this version:
  • Implemented the pausing of audio during the display of interstitials in order to be compliant with current AdMob guidelines.
  • Added Airpush standard banners.
  • Added MobPartner interstitials.
  • Updated StartApp's SDK to version 3.1.1.
  • Updated Millennial Media's SDK to version 5.4.0.
  • Updated the MobPartner SDK to version 4.0.1
  • Updated the AppLovin SDK to version 6.0.0.
  • Added an additional error code to the YouTube activity.
  • Made it so that zoom controls are no longer visible on the RSS Content page. However zooming can still be accomplished by pinch zooming.
Andromo App Maker for Android v4.4.0 is now live at www.andromo.com.

Comments

• Do AdMob interstitials appear every 5 minutes (or whatever we set it to) during the playing of podcast and radio activities (I haven't used my apps enough lately to know the answer to this firsthand)?

If so, my users are going to get very annoyed if the audio keeps pausing because an ad has appeared.
  • edited July 2015
    The interstitials work the same way they did before -- appearing during the transition between activities, when navigating from one activity to another. The time setting is for a minimum time that must elapse before the next ad (between activities) can be shown.

AdMob's guidelines recommend that any currently playing audio is paused during interstitial ads, as many interstitial ads contain audio of their own, and it can spoil the user experience if the audio overlaps.
  • Thanks for the update! Any chance the Airpush abstract banners will be implemented in a future update?
  • @lorne @darryl

Thank you for the addition of Airpush but I was expecting the abstract banners and their appwalls/interstitials which really look good. Have you forfeited the possibility of these two ad units or it is in the near future too?
  • We were planning to release both interstitials and 360 banners however we've experienced several issues during integration/testing that prevented those types from being released in Andromo. We've been in contact with them and have made them aware of the issues we've experienced. If these issues are resolved by Airpush and we feel that those ad types work well enough to release, we'll do so in a future update.
  • @darryl

Seems fair, thanks!