Youtube playlist activity inverts the order of videos?

I created a Youtube playlist activity. In Youtube it shows like this:
Video 1
Video 2
Video 3
Video 4
Video 5

However, after building and installing, it shows like this in my phone:

Video 5
Video 4
Video 3
Video 2
Video 1

The instructions to set up the playlist activity do not mention anything about this. Why this happens? Do I have to invert the order of the videos in my Youtube account so that they show in the right way in the app?

Comments

• Come on, I can't believe nobody has found this problem before. Could someone give me a hint? I don't want to do changes in Youtube only to find that it was something related to my cellphone,  or an Andromo thing. Is there some hidden option I have to click somewhere?
  • @datamixer: I didn't use the YT activity for a while now, so can't really help, but I suggest you contact the support. They are prompt to reply.
  • I have found this problem before and from what I saw, there is no hidden option :-*
    What I do, is creating the playlist in the "wrong" order. This way, the videos are showing in the correct order inside the app.
  • Thank you for your answers. If I could get a bit more of your attention,  I'm really struggling to understand this...

I changed the order of the videos in Youtube's web site, but the order of the videos does not get updated in the Andromo app (even although it has a "pull to refresh" option - No effect. And refreshing the page with the circle icon has no effect either - nothing updates).

I have even tried uninstalling the app from the phone, then building and reinstalling it again, but the order of the videos in the app still stays the same, indifferent to any change I make in the Youtube list. Everything remains in the inverted order in which it appeared originally.

Next thing I've tried is adding a new video to that list. The new video appears in the app in inverted order (the last one in Youtube becomes the first one in the Andromo list). Then I delete that video in Youtube... but it remains impossible to delete in the app! I've tried this twice, so I have 2 extra videos in the app that I am unable to delete.

I have even tried suppressing the playlist activity in Andromo and then creating a new one from scratch, but again I get the same faulty list of videos (original wrong order,  plus those I added as a test still there although they no longer exist in Youtube).

Is there a way out of this mess? Or I'll be better off cutting my loses and giving up the Youtube playlist activity altogether?
  • In case someone else runs into this issue, here is how to solve it:

YOUTUBE PLAYLIST ACTIVITY

1) The videos in the app will appear in reversed order to the one shown in your Youtube account. (Btw, wouldn't be a good idea to warn of this in the activity instructions? Otherwise you're guaranteeing that every newcomer will make a first wrong build...)

2) Once the activity is created, the order of such videos cannot be altered, no matter the changes you make in the original Youtube list. If you want to make changes, the way to do it is creating a new playlist in Youtube, and then passing to the Andromo playlist activity that new list's ID.
  • I have several apps that use this activity, and haven't had either problem you listed. Perhaps this is a recent development?
  • Nothing has changed. You should uninstall and clear app data before trying anything more than once. Andromo apps are optimized to function as correctly as possible even if there is a data disruption, hence we cache results...