Released: Photo Gallery Activity

We've just released the Photo Gallery Activity. You can read more about it in the release notes or in it's knowledge base article.

So go out there and add some photos to your apps, and don't forget to tell us what you think.

mark.

Comments

• Does the photo gallery let you save as Wallpaper?
  • @zaineart It does, check the knowledge base article for more information on the activity, or add one to your project:

Enable Set-as-Wallpaper - Controls whether or not the end user
    of your application will be able to user your photos for their
    wallpaper.

mark.
  • Okay thanks for that, I checked it out. But I was also wanting to know if the pictures are served from your server or kept in the app (which would make it quite a large size). ? Thanks
  • @zainart The photos are embedded within your Android apk, this means that the resulting app will be fast and fluid. Andromo servers will resize your images so that they are smaller in size (but the quality should be maintained) before they are compiled into you app.

I would suggest that you give it a try and take a look at how large the resulting apk is.

mark.
  • It is possible to served the pictures from my server? Or catch it from Facebook?
  • @jpfuny One thing you could do is create a Media RSS Feed where the photos are hosted on your server and then use the RSS activity's Photo Feed option to show them:

http://support.andromo.com/kb/activities/rssatom-news-feed#photo-feed

This discussion has been closed.