I tried a paid application

edited November 2012 in General Discussion
I tried a paid application.
it includes just (for testing) only About us, Contacts and Email.

I tried to install it on my phone vial Google Play and get:

This app is incompatible with all of your devices.

Unknown MID MS801
This item cannot be installed on your device.

Chungwa HTC HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e
This item cannot be installed on your device.
What does it mean? Why? How to circumvent that?

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Anybody?
    MID MS801 might refer to my tablet PC.

A friend could install the app on his Samsung S3.

I found it, but I don't understand it. I am in Taiwan and although all countries is selected, Taiwan is striked out, and cannot be activated. Why?
  • I had an app (Sky Go I think - anyway a Sky app) and I could install it on my phone but not my tablet - in this case I think it was the version of Android on my tablet was too old. Not sure if this is your problem but this was my experience.
  • "I found it, but I don't understand it. I am in Taiwan and although all
    countries is selected, Taiwan is striked out, and cannot be activated.
    Why?"
  • If YOU are the account owner of a paid app on Play, Google will NOT let YOUR ACCT download the app. A way around this is to configure a second Google account. Log in under said acct on Play, and try to download.
    The only reason a device would not be compatible on andromo is if you have airbob functions enabled. In this case android 2.1 and lower would be incompatible.
    As far as being compatible in other countries depends on whether all features, and or web services are not banned from use in the said country. IE If your app uses facebook, or blogger, and the said country doesnt allow the use of these services, you could be blocked. I dont know if this helps or not for you, but good luck.
  • Google answered finally:
    Taipei City Government insists on a 7 (!!!) days refund period, what Google does not accept. Google says, within 15 minutes a user should know if he can use the app or not. Further Google says, some games are "played" within a week and that policy would just meant to give free games away.

As a result of this, NO applications can be sold in Taiwan!

The application I made was anyway only for testing how payment works for the developer. Now I need to figure out another way of disabling of features without paying.