Newly published app got a deletion warning from Google due to broad storage access

Hi, I published an app on April 7, created using andromo builder v2. Today I received a warning from Google, regarding its requestLegacyExternalStorage flag in the manifest file.

The app is a simple one using custom activity. Kindly help at the earliest, or the app will get deleted in 3 weeks, as per the warning.

I believe that this will affect all the newly published apps, after April 7, using the andromo builder. This is regarding the app compatibility with Android 11

Here is the full message from Google.

http://prntscr.com/11ggd19

Starting 5 May, you must let us know why your app requires broad storage access

We've detected that your app contains the requestLegacyExternalStorage flag in the manifest file of one or more of your app bundles or APKs.

Developers with apps on devices running Android 11+ must use scoped storage to give users better access control over their device storage. To release your app on Android 11 or newer after 5 May, you must either:

• Update your app to use more privacy-friendly best practices, such as the storage access framework or Media Store API
  • Update your app to declare the All files access (MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE) permission in the manifest file, and complete the All files access permission declaration in Play Console from 5 May
  • Remove the All files access permission from your app entirely

For apps targeting Android 11, the requestLegacyExternalStorage flag will be ignored. You must use the All files access permission to retain broad access.

Apps requesting access to the All files access permission without a permitted use will be removed from Google Play, and you won't be able to publish updates.

@RomanJuly @meold Please help ASAP

Comments

• You can use builder v2 until August 2021 with the target SDK 29.

This already fixed on the v3 builder with the target SDK 30.

• @meold

What about the fate of apps created using v2 after August 2021. Can they be imported as a v3 project and updated in the Play Store as usual?