warning on google play - Issue found: Invalid Data safety section
i recieved a warning on google play. what have I to do?
After a recent review, we found that your app Katzen Samtpfoten&Stubentiger (com.andromo.dev129559.app172213) is not compliant with one or more of our Developer Program Policies. See below for more information about your app's status and how to correct the issue.
Status: App Content Approved with Issues
We found issues with your Data safety section. You will need to take action so that your Data safety section shown to users will not be impacted.
Issue found: Invalid Data safety section
We reviewed your app's Data safety section in Play Console and found discrepancies between it and how the app collects and shares user data. All apps are required to complete an accurate Data safety section that discloses their data collection and sharing practices - this is a requirement even if your app does not collect any user data.
We detected user data transmitted off device that you have not disclosed in your app's Data safety section as user data collected.
We found an issue in the following area(s):
- APK 1003: Policy Declaration - Data Safety Section: Device Or Other IDs Data Type - Device Or Other IDs (some common examples may include Advertising ID, Android ID, IMEI, BSSID)
About the Data safety section in Google Play User Data Policy Policy
Starting in late April 2022, approved Data safety sections will start appearing to users; make any changes needed by then. Starting July 20, 2022, your app must be in compliance with this policy or app updates will be rejected. If your app continues to be non-compliant beyond July 20, 2022 your app may face additional enforcement actions in the future.
Please make changes to align your app's Data safety section with the app's behavior. This can be done by either:
- Updating your form in Play Console to declare collection of Data Types noted below; or
- Removing unwanted functionality and attributable code that collects this user data from your app or libraries used in your app, and when applicable to deactivate all non-compliant APKs.
- To deactivate non-compliant APKS, you can create a new release and upload a compliant APK to each track containing the non-compliant APKs.
- Be sure to increment the APK version code. If using staged rollout, be sure to set the release to 100% rollout.
- Learn more about how to Provide app privacy and security information for Google Play's Data safety section.