Full screen video - need some advise please.

What would be the most suitable Andromo "activity" feature for our use case? I would like to add a button to the dashboard that plays a video. This video is currently stored on YouTube and also Dropbox.

I have tried the following activities:

- YouTube. No good since it opens the Android devices buildin YouTube player and shows additional unrelated content, e.g. next video and so on. This cannot be controlled since it is an external app.

- Website. Linked to the embedded YouTube video. No good since the toolbar on top and the side stays active, significantly decreasing the size of the full screen video.

- Website, linked to external storage and .mp4 file. This opens a dialog on the device asking how to open the link, in a browser or VLC for example. OK'ish but not very user friendly. In particular if no VLC is installed.

The ideal solution, an update in Andromo, to allow linking to either YouTube embeded URL or the .mp4 video directly, with autoplay and full screen mode, without ads.

Since this is my first post and experience with Andromo I would like to ask, is there a feature I am missing that could achieve this goal or can the Andromo team build it from scratch? Some video activity that contains the VLC libraries maybe?

Comments

• This would be a nice to have:

The ideal solution, an update in Andromo, to allow linking to either YouTube embeded URL or the .mp4 video directly, with autoplay and full screen mode, without ads.

• its 2022 and they still didn't add this feature in andromo, Pathetic