Will my old apps get deleted?

I have around 100 apps from years ago and since you guys changed everything now I don't understand what will happen to them.

But this is what says in the website: "In case the subscription expires, the App stops running ads and falls into the sandbox and after 1 month it will be deleted from Andromo. It will still be available in Google Play."

I don't have a subscription, so will my apps get deleted?

What will happen to my old apps?

Comments

• Your Apps will not get deleted. They will continue working. We limit the monetization in Apps for developers with expired subscription. In other words, if your subscription expires, your Apps will stop showing ads.

• But stop showing ads is the same as being deleted.

I created and published my apps way before this new changes in Andromo. 

And there was nothing at the time saying that my apps would stop showing ads if I didn't have an active subscription.

The apps would work forever, so as the monetization. That was the deal.

These new rules will take effect in the apps created before them?

• @landore help me ask them please, because this is a breach of agreement, they didnt give us any prior notice, they just came up with this new policy after a year of false promises. We are really disappointed.

• Please bear in mind, that while the Apps will not be deleted from Google Play Market (we have no access to your account, after all) and user devices, they might get deleted some time in the future from Andromo if your account stays inactive for a long time. We will make sure to send developers a lot of warning emails before actually deleting accounts, so this is not going to happen out of the blue.

• Yes, but the thing is that the apps and the monetization in the apps would be forever, that was the deal in Andromo before those new rules.

Am I wrong here? I don't think I am.

I understand enforcing these new rules in the new apps that are created after they take effect, but the prior apps were created using the prior rules, and the prior rules should be honored.

• I'm going to need some more answers here.

I've spent too much time building the content of my apps to get them demonetized like this.

These changes are not fair with people who created apps before them and currently don't have an active subscription.

It's like if you sold me a car, and now you want to rent me my own car.

Anyway, I don't have money to buy a subscription right now. This is the worst possible moment for this mandatory "improvement".

My apps are still monetized at the moment. 

How long do I still have until they get demonetized?

• @landore I can see that you don't have active subscription. This means you are now only getting revenue out of very old Apps installed on people's devices and never updated. You actually have no revenue from the recent builds for quite a long time already. I suggest you log into Andromo, get the Advanced monetization trial for 21 days (it's free!) and see by yourself what kind of revenue you get. You are missing a lot!

• @EgorEgorov Yes, I noticed the huge drop in revenue. I'm barely making the monthly $100 to get the money from Google.

So, let me just try to understand here.

You guys sold me subscriptions in the past telling that the apps and the monetization in the apps would be forever, the apps would never be deleted and the monetization would be never removed.

Now you change the agreement and just cut my revenue like that?

Why do I have no revenue from the recent builds for quite a long time already? When did you cut my monetization?

• @landore get in touch with support and mention my name. I will take a look at your account and see if I can find why is your revenue lower than expected.

• When did Andromo start disabling monetization when the subscription is cancelled? This is the first I've ever heard of that.

• edited May 2020

@EgorEgorov I've sent a message for the support.

But I'm still trying to understand the logic in disabling monetization for apps created before these new rules were applied.

I'm not trying to be rude here, I'm just trying to understand if the "Andromo Team" really believes that this is fair.

Andromo sold us something and now it is giving us something different.

• @EgorEgorov This was the deal when I paid for this service and invested my time creating the content for my apps:

"Will my app continue to function after changing or cancelling the subscription?

Yes, cancelling your subscription plan does not affect the apps which you have already developed using Andromo. They will continue to function while you will continuously get 100% of the revenue if your app has been showing any ads even after expiration of subscription plan."

• Same here @landore.

It really doesn't seem to matter to them.

It makes it really hard to trust anything they say.

Since they now have the capability to turn our ads off at will, who's to say that that won't happen by accident?

Within the last three months when I had an active subscription, once I was double charged, and twice the system somehow forgot that I had a paid subscription and wouldn't let me build for atleast a few days.

Each of these issues WAS resolved, but who is to say that the same thing won't happen and turn off the app ads?

I'm not nearly as disappointed with the fact that Andromo is pausing ads when we unsubscribe, as I am at the fact that this had been going on for over a month and they didn't bother to tell any of us about it.

• There's a failsafe switch built in. The ads start on by default and only demonetize if verified that the developers has an expired subscription. The verification is being repeated in a short amount of time if the App is in use, so again - failsafe.

• @EgorEgorov You still didn't answer me man.

How do you feel about changing the terms after we already used your service?

When I created my apps the rules were as follows:

"Will my app continue to function after changing or cancelling the subscription?

Yes, cancelling your subscription plan does not affect the apps which you have already developed using Andromo. They will continue to function while you will continuously get 100% of the revenue if your app has been showing any ads even after expiration of subscription plan."

As far as I know a legitimate terms of service agreement is legally binding between the parties who agree to it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Andromo is legally obligated to ensure the full functionality of all apps created before these new rules were introduced.