Andromo App Maker for Android v3.2.5 Released

edited October 2013 in Announcements

Andromo App Maker for Android version v3.2.5 has been released.

Example AdMob Interstitial Ad Unit

Here is the list of changes in this version:

• Added the AdMob interstitial ad unit.
  • Fixed an ATOM feed parsing error, where thumbnail link parsing rules could block the atom:link rules.
  • Fixed an RSS parsing error, where feeds were parsing using no parsing rules occasionally.
  • Fixed an error where Photo Gallery activity links were not working properly when the index was enabled.

Andromo App Maker for Android v3.2.5 is now live at www.andromo.com.

Comments

• Hi there,

I just tried to build an app with the new interstitial and got the following error - please help :)

Thanks,

Nick
  • Hi Nick,

What browser are you using?

I've uploaded apps to Google Play today with no issues...perhaps there's a problem with the browser you're using?

• From what I can tell so far there appears to be an error with
    the way Google Play is reading manifest meta data. We have not
    changed the way we write any of the meta data into the manifest in
    version 3.2.5, which is why I believe that the error is on Google's
    side.

We are looking into this issue, but in the meantime if you build
    your app without Pingjam enabled you should be able to upload to
    Google Play.

• Great news about the interstitials! Woohoo! :) Thank you so much.

Please let us know when you resolve the issue which was pointed out by @dsquare. And thanks for letting us know, dsquare.
  • edited October 2013
    Can we have banner+interstitial in same app? I would like to check it in one of the apps I am currently building but seems the codes generated are different.
    You think I should prefer interstitial for now at least?

And a random question - in admob i see very high fill rate like 98%...it means amazon do not seem to find their way in my ads but for only 2%? I have wondered on this for long.
  • @anteos
    Yes, you can have AdMob banners and interstitials in the same app. What you would do is add a second ad unit to your app (which contain different IDs) and are defined as an interstitial as the type.

As far as the amazon question, the ad time is divided equally, so 50% of the time AdMob will display, and 50% of the time amazon will display. If either one doesn't have inventory, it will fall back to the other. One thing to also keep in mind is that Amazon ads are only shown in the US currently, so it will also depend on your user base's location. The 98% in this case would only account for possible fallback amazon ads, and not the 50% time split.
  • @mark So there are no issues with interstitials except if we use Pingjam? Thanks.
  • @hendrixs No issues with the interstitial or the update we pushed yesterday. As far as I can tell something changed on Google's side with the way they scan meta-data manifest tags. The only Andromo feature that uses meta-data tags is Pingjam.

We're working on a solution so that we can get Pingjam apps back onto Google Play, hopefully we'll be able to push that today.

• Thanks, I hadnt noticed that Admob interstitial is located lower in the monetization tab
  • Great news, congratulations!