Samsung Errors (Registered application has failed)

Maybe we can start a list here about the errors (for why the apps have failed), that we receive from Samsung in regards to basic Andromo App functions.
Andromo please have a look into those.

I'll start it:

[Display Error] Time is overlapped with progress bar

<Defect>
Time is overlapped with progress bar

<Procedure>
1. Execute app

<Expected Result>
Time should not be overlapped with progress bar

imageimage

I used podcast function in this case

Comments

• More Menu has missing icons

<Defect>
    More Menu has missing icons, unless touched.

<Procedure>
    1. Start the app.
    2. Open More Menu
    3. Observe the issue
    4. Touch any of the two buttons
    5. Observe the issue

<Expected Result>
    More Menu should have both icons visible.

Tested from Samsung on:

High-end Galaxy Wi-Fi (HVGA)
    Tablet Galaxy (WSVGA)

I go nuts over their stupid error msgs and declined submissions! GRRR!
  • I had the same problem with Settings. I sent the message to Lorne and he helped to decipher error logs. The Setttings button can not be fixed - however, in my case, Samsung only "recommended" to fix the issues, it is not mandatory.
  • Your Icons seem to be the same colour as the background as they only show when the blue highlight is visible.
    It is only aesthetic but it is important (to the user).  You should want perfection.  It is like trying to validate HTML5 and CSS3 on the W3C website - It says it's an error but it's just an aesthetic stance.  You can go with it but it does diminish the quality of your App.

Samsung is just giving you the option to make your App perfect before its displayed all over their market place.
  • edited December 2013
    I made this comment elsewhere but have not received any response. Perhaps this is a better place for me to state a Samsung rejection I received.
         I have a number of apps published and being offered on both Google Play and the Amazon store. I submitted one to the Samsung app store and it was rejected because I had included Photo Sharing
    and when they attempted to share an image from my app to Facebook it came up with just a white screen. They are very thorough in giving feedback regarding any rejections. I could remove Sharing and re-submit but I wonder if there is an easier solution.
         Here's a follow-up. If I run my app on a Samsung Galaxy S3, I can share an image in the Photo Gallery with 19 different venues. If I run my app on a new Dell Venue 8 tablet, I can only share with
    6 venues and Facebook is not one of them. Who controls that? Andromo? Dell? Google? Samsung?
  • edited December 2013
    I
    made this comment elsewhere but have not received any response. Perhaps
    this is a better place for me to state a Samsung rejection I received.

I have a number of apps published and being offered on both Google Play
    and the Amazon store. I submitted one to the Samsung app store and it
    was rejected because I had included Photo Sharing
    and when they
    attempted to share an image from my app to Facebook it came up with just
    a white screen. They are very thorough in giving feedback regarding any
    rejections. I could remove Sharing and re-submit but I wonder if there
    is an easier solution.
         Here's a follow-up. If I run my app on a
    Samsung Galaxy S3, I can share an image in the Photo Gallery with 19
    different venues. If I run my app on a new Dell Venue 8 tablet, I can
    only share with
    6 venues and Facebook is not one of them. Who
    controls that? Andromo? Dell? Google? Samsung? - See more at:
    http://forums.andromo.com/discussion/comment/2982?post#Form_Body
  • @cqcq just a quick note, the share targets are controlled by which apps are installed on the system. On Android you ask the system to tell you which apps can handle certain share intents you get a list back. So it's the user of the device that controls this, based on what they install.

I will look into the Facebook sharing although to be honest I think that the issue is probably with the way the Facebook app accepts shared images.

Thanks for the notes guys we will look into all of it.

mark.
  • Today I got a failure on some Samsung tablets which cannot play any radio station at all, in a radio app I published with shoutcast links.
    All links are manually checked and all work, but Samsung shows in their reports that 2 models cannot play any.
    I could upload the report but it keeps failing.
    The tablets are Tablet Galaxy Wi-Fi (wsvga) and Premium Galaxy (qHD)

• i had a radio app fail by samsung - the video they showed was "Error accessing audio file" but when i tried it, it worked.   As it turns out - the radio station wasn't online 24 hours a day.  So when samsung (in Korea) tested my app it was offline.  I just moved it down the list in my app, did some updates, resubmitted and it got passed.
  • I have also had the same prob and I ended up removing the station, but this particular app test showed error in all stations.
  • edited December 2013
    I have JUST received another Samsung FAIL: Due to a centimetre of skin being visible in a photo of a celebrity.  It says:

Due to the local moral values or laws, content containing partially clothed, bikini or lingerie is restricted in some countries below. 
    ▪ Not allowed (9 countries): Iran, China, Global Pan-Latin, Global Store, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Singapore.
    ▪ Allowed only if age rating set as 12+ or above (11 countries): Global B, Global Pan Africa, Global Pan Arab, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Qatar, Russian Federation, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

It is good to know other devs rejection reasons so to help me not make the same mistakes.
    I can't believe Finland/Denmark/Sweden/Norway are so illiberal - hey ho!
  • My app just failed due to :

It is impossible to download the application with 'Error : Unable to download application. Not enough memory. Delete some items. or change installation location to memory card and try again' even if all the other applications are removed.(3/3, 100%)

*This defect occurs also after factory data reset is done.
    Application : 29.57MB
    Available device space : 110MB

*This defect occurs also after inserting SD card.
    Available SD Card space : 3.66GB

1. Install application

It should be possible to download and install the application.

It is crazy, app is downloadable from GP and Amazon.... Any ideas?
  • That's very odd. Maybe they need to run fstrim on the device (e.g. root it and run lagfix app).

I would have suggested clearing the cache from all the Google apps (Gmail, etc.) but a factory reset should make that unnecessary.
  • This is message from tester... he should know what to do .... ehh
  • edited December 2013
    This isnt an "application failed" msg, but I came across this error msg when submitting a new app and entering the keywords "christ" and "jesus"

You cannot enter tags(jesus) designated as profane words.(Special characters, registered profane words)

You cannot enter tags(christ) designated as profane words.(Special characters, registered profane words)

Jesus and Christ are profane words?!?! What the heck? :O

• For me it would be really useful to link to my other apps from within my app.
    I've had a rejection from Samsung for including links to apps on Playstore.
    That's fair enough, but i wondered if andromo could implement this in someway to be able to link to my samsung apps

<Defect> 

Application has a link to other application store Google Play.
    <Expected Result> 
    Application should not contain link, incent users to download or promote alternate marketplaces according to the Certification Guide 3.18.2 : Content must not link to other application store. 
    *Indirect linkage to other application store is allowed exceptionally. For example, link via seller's web site.
    Application should use deep link for SamsungApps instead of other store link.

<Deep link for SamsungApps> 
    You can make an URI for invoking the Main page or Detail Page of the Samsung Apps client and link it on your Web page. 
    ex) Main Page : a href="samsungapps://MainPage/ 
    ex) Detail Page : a href="samsungapps://ProductDetail/com.sec.android.app.samsungapps"

If you develop an application and make a link for invoking the Main page of the Samsung Apps client in it, you have to make an Intent and send it to the Samsung Apps client. 
    Below is a sample code : 
    Intent intent = new Intent(); // set data intent.setData(Uri.parse(string_of_uri)); // The string_of_uri is an String object including a URI like ""samsungapps://ProductDetail/{the package name of the AndroidManifest.xml file in your application}"". // add flags intent.addFlags(Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK | Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_CLEAR_TOP | Intent.FLAG_INCLUDE_STOPPED_PACKAGES); // The Intent.FLAG_INCLUDE_STOPPED_PACKAGES flag must be added only if the API level of your Android SDK is over 11 like Honeycomb. startActivity(intent);

I ask mainly because samsung is the biggest market place for my apps.
  • my video app is rejected by samsung because it say some videos are  blank and no list is showing what to do to get it pass out of 10 6 got passed and 4 rejected for same reason
  • i had an app rejected because the video in the youtube activity kept playing whilst the phone was locked.
    i tried this with my phone but it worked correctly.
    so i checked the video they sent me, noted the (old crappy) phone model they were using and googled it.
    Turns out the crappy old samsung device they were using is the problem (7510 i think) it has issues with playing media - so i got no chance!