Email Subscription - WebView or HTML Archive - policy issues?

edited January 2014 in General Discussion
Hey guys, does anyone here uses any kind of subscription forms in their apps? I have some free info apps, and I think it would be a good idea to build an email list from the app itself - I would be promoting CB products or other kind of CPA deals.

If the subscription form is made as WebView activity, would I need any disclaimers, according to Google Play? And what if the activity is implemented as a HTML Archive?

Could you please share your thoughts on this? Thanks.

Comments

• Anyone? :) Somebody is surely using Andromo for CPA and email list building. Come on, don't be shy. :)
  • edited January 2014
    I use PHP contact forms to collect Name and Email.  It's not attached to any database so it isn't building lists or anything.  It's just a simple HTML form and PHP script file for my webpage.  If this very basic idea is good enough, i will give you the basic code/files.
    (Disclaimer) I am in the UK and I have to ensure this disclaimer is next to the form (or linked)

"If you send personally identifiable information to us we will only use in accordance with this privacy policy.  We do not share your information.  Under the Data Protection Act, you can ask to read, amend or delete any or all of the info we hold about you.  We will delete your information after 6 months if it is no longer needed.".
  • @tamworthheat: Sure, I'd be happy to see those files or the code. Can you please attach them here or upload them somewhere? Also, thanks for the disclaimer note. I too will need to use it.
  • This form has a validate function.  It basically ensures that the Email part of the form is actually an email@address.com

HTML:
    (This 1st bit in the <head>...here...</head> section).

<script>
    function validateForm()
    {
    var x=document.forms["myForm"]["email"].value;
    if (x==null || x=="")
    {
    alert("Please provide an Email Address");
    return false;
    }
    }
    </script>

(This 2nd bit where you want it on the page <body>...here...</body> in the body section).

<form name="myForm" onsubmit="return validateForm()" method="post" action="http://yourwebsite.com/contact.php">
    <input type="text" class="forminput" name="email" placeholder="Email Required" required />
    <br>
    <textarea class="textarea1" name="message" placeholder="Your Message"></textarea>
    <br>
    <input class="forminput" name="Button1" type="submit" value="Send">
    </form>
    ----------
    CSS:
    .forminput { display:block; }
    .textarea1 { display:block; height:5em; }
    ----------
    PHP:
    <?php $to = "emailaddress@yourwebsite.com"; 
    $subject = "Message from App1"; 
    $email = $_REQUEST['email'] ; 
    $message = $_REQUEST['message'] ; 
    $headers = "From: $email"; $sent = mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers) ; 
    if($sent) {header("location: http://www.yourwebsite.com/formyes.html"); } 
    else {header("location: http://www.yourwebsite.com/formno.html"); } ?>
    ----------
    NOTES:
    (With the above PHP code.  Copy and paste into a text editor and save it as "contact.php".
    But note that this PHP is one line of code so remove the carriage returns and use a space)

The first line of the form HTML above references this .php file, make sure it's in the right place on  your server.
    If you want to remove the validate, just delete the relevant code.
    You can remove the place holders

This is a crude way of showing "How To" but just shows the basics, hope it helps.
  • @tamworthheat: Thank you very much for the detailed explanation. I'll give it a go and get back to you if I won't be able to implement it correctly. :)