MP3 Player in RSS Activity

edited April 2012 in Suggestions

Are there any plans to add the ability to embed a player in an RSS feed entry? The way it is setup now is fine for pure news feeds with no attachements but basically useless for podcasts feeds.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Mike Chilson

Comments

• Ding.. Anyone... Someone? I can't imagine I am alone on this requst.
  • When are you guys going to add MP3 support to your RSS activity? I would think this the 10x more usable to most folks than Google Play integration. A very disappointed PAYING customer.
  • We're actually working on a Podcast activity right now. Still a week or two away, but it's coming.
  • Many thanks for the update.
  • I am looking forward to the podcast activity

• Thanks for the pod cast activity. I think this is a core feature MANY folks need.

Just one suggestion...  You might want to make it so when no background is selected when setting up the activity the screen uses the app's default background style not just a black background. It kinda throws the whole app style off.

Also I found a little bug. If you are playing a pod cast and say move the slider over farther in the pod cast to skip over some content no matter what you do it just continues to play like you did nothing effectively making the slider bar useless.

Thanks again for the work on this.

Regards,

Mike

• edited June 2012
    > You might want to make it so when no background is selected when
    setting up the activity the screen uses the app's default background
    style not just a black background. It kinda throws the whole app style
    off.
    Hmm, it's supposed to do that. Could just be something we missed. I'll check into that next week.

> Also I found a little bug. If you are playing a pod cast and
    say move the slider over farther in the pod cast to skip over some
    content no matter what you do it just continues to play like you did
    nothing effectively making the slider bar useless.

Hmm...are you sure you were looking at the same episode? If you're looking at another episode, sliding the seek bar won't affect the track you're listening to, it just sets the start position when you press play.

If you're not sure which episode you're listening to, you can use the options menu to jump to the currently playing track. Just hit the menu button and choose "Show playing track."

(The seek bar should be advancing as you're listening to the track.)

I did just notice a bug while testing this, though...if the display goes to sleep and you're using a lock screen, you won't go back to the same episode after using "Show playing track." I'll fix that for the next update.

* If you were looking at the same episode, it's possible the server where the podcast is hosted doesn't support seeking. Most do, but not all.
  • Hi lorne,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, when no backgorundis selcted it just defaults to a black background.

I went back and double checked the player slider on a Samsung Intercept (Android 2.2.2) and there is definately an issue on it. However, on my HTC Evo V (Android 4)  it works as expected. Called a buddy and had him test it on his Android 2.3 device and it worked fine... Wierd.

Thanks,
    Mike