Amazon Mobile Ads CPM Boost

edited February 2014 in General Discussion
This is what I've just received from Amazon. Could be interesting.

Dear Developer,

As we continue to expand our Amazon Mobile Ads service we are excited to announce a new opportunity for you to earn a guaranteed rate of $1.50 CPM on banner ads during March and April 2014.

1. Download the latest version of the SDK here.
  2. Integrate the Amazon Mobile Ads API into your app* and send the first ad request between February 4th and April 30th, 2014. If you don't have an app on Amazon yet, it's easy to get started. Test your app using our updated testing service and submit it to us for free.
  3. Earn $1.50 or more for every 1,000 qualifying impressions displayed
    on the app during March and April 2014 (up to 2 million impressions per
    app per month).

* Existing apps already sending ad requests do not qualify. Existing
developers who integrate the Amazon Mobile Ads API into another app for
the first time will qualify. Qualifying apps may be distributed through
other Android stores as long as they are distributed through Amazon.

Best Regards,

Amazon App & Services Distribution Team

Tagged:

Comments

• edited February 2014
    I got the e-mail and my first thought was that they actually listened when I answered their survey last week. I told them I quit using their ad service after I earned the Kindle Fire because I had actually lost money compared to Admob. But then I did some calculations and found that I have one app that would make a little more from Amazon during this promotion, but most of my apps make a lot more than that from Admob.

So you will probably want to figure out which (if any) of your apps would actually benefit from this promotion.
  • Amazon no longer performs for me fullstop, i need to get loads of clicks to make serious money - and i just don't get the clicks, i used to hmm.
  • You actually don't need any clicks with this promotion. You just need impressions.
  • Oh yeah, hmm... very good
  • ok, will this be implemented ? We need new SDK don't we?
  • This promotion refer to apps for Amazon Store or also for Google Play?
  • Oh, sorry! There is clear explanation: Qualifying apps may be distributed through
    other Android stores as long as they are distributed through Amazon.
    Qualifying apps may be distributed through
    other
    Android stores as long as they are distributed through Amazon. - See
    more at:
    http://forums.andromo.com/discussion/983/amazon-mobile-ads-cpm-boost?post#Form_Body
    other
    more at:
    http://forums.andromo.com/discussion/983/amazon-mobile-ads-cpm-boost?post#Form_Body
    other
    more at:
  • It is all very well getting paid for "just Impressions" but this diminishes the user engagement.
    Ads that are relevant to the app AND get clicks are ENHANCING the user experience.

It adds an extra dimension to the App - Amazon have to now pay out for "just impressions" because NO-ONE IS CLICKING THEIR ADS!"  -  And why is no-one clicking their ads? - Because people prefer to click ads for digital content, not physical goods*

*Some Apps will perform very well with ads for physical goods, but i reckon most don't.

IMHO Amazon could ruin the user experience paying out for just Impressions (not what i want, yes i am here to make money but i believe this approach is not sustainable.  I will make money over the long term by having the user xp at the heart of what i do

That sounded like a rant - sorry :)
  • Most of my apps do better with Admob (where clicks are required) than what Amazon is promising for just showing the ads, but I'm giving Amazon another try for the ones where that's not the case.
  • But Is Andromo updated thier SDK for this promo?
  • @f1_fan we have not update our Amazon SDK yet we are using 5.1.14 and the current release is 5.1.153 we will update the SDK for the next release.
  • so basically we are not able o avail amazon offer are we?