Samsung Galaxy apps Problem
edited October 2014 in General Discussion
Hey andromo guys, please need your help with respect to this problem below. and I did use samsung appstore in the andromo target markets section.
There’s no Samsung SDK used in the Manifest file.
1. Check if Samsung SDK is embedded in Manifest file.
2. Check if Samsung SDK is used in practice.
Application must be developed by using Samsung SDK if it’s to be newly registered.
Please note that if seller submits application without actual usage of Samsung SDK, Samsung GALAXY Apps team may reject seller’s application at the next submission.
This could cause seller’s access to Samsung GALAXY Apps disabled.
However, that post is a couple months old, and may not even be relevant to this situation. We were already getting past the binary checks by actually making use of the Samsung imagefilter SDK.
We are also already making the only manifest change that is actually mentioned in any of the Samsung documentation, which is to declare the following permission: @archdemonn: it would be very helpful if you could inform Samsung that your app already includes the com.samsung.android.providers.context.permission.WRITE_USE_APP_FEATURE_SURVEY permission in the manifest, which their documenation says is what you need to do in order to be recognized as using a Samsung SDK, and ask them exactly what else they require your app to declare in the manifest in order to pass.
- Effective from : October 1, 2014
1. A number of applications selected by the administrator will be shown in the GALAXY Specials category.
2. Applications not selected by the administrator can only be found by searching.
3. Applications will be displayed only as GALAXY Specials in Samsung GALAXY Apps, regardless of the 6 sub-categories in the GALAXY Specials selected by the Seller Office.
4. The GALAXY Specials category aims to provide applications that have implemented Samsung SDKs to provide enhanced Samsung device experience for users. Applications that have not properly implemented the Samsung SDK may be removed from the store, and in case of fraud / copyright issues, your seller status may be considered for termination.
If you build the app with the target set to Samsung App Store, the app will include and make use of the Samsung ImageFilter SDK, and it will include the com.samsung.android.providers.context.permission.WRITE_USE_APP_FEATURE_SURVEY permission in the manifest, which is all the Samsung SDK documentation says is needed in order to be recognized.
Please contact Samsung and inform them:
- your app is using the Samsung ImageFilter SDK
- your app is declaring the com.samsung.android.providers.context.permission.WRITE_USE_APP_FEATURE_SURVEY permission in the manifest
...and ask them exactly what else they require your app to do in order to pass.
Unfortunately, Samsung has changed the rules. They do not seem to want 'Android' apps anymore, but rather 'Samsung' apps that only work on specific Samsung phones at the exclusion of all others. In effect, they are saying they want a smaller app store with only hand selected apps in it.
To be 100% clear, their explanation about the SDK is not correct and to be blunt, rather odd. Andromo apps already do use one of the Samsung SDK's if you target the Samsung app store. So, something else is happening over at the Samsung app store that is not just an issue for Andromo created apps, but all Android apps in general.
We'll do what we can, but in the end, it's Samsung's store, Samsung's strategy and Samsung's rules...
Since I know what you are talking about, I love you choice of words :-) LOL!
I neither had any problems with samsung submissions yet.
Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.
Regarding your inquiry, we would like to inform you that the reason why the applications were rejected is that all the registered applications were used with the images of the popular sports teams or celebrities without permission, even though the applications registered with Image Filter SDK.
It is not recommended to register the Wallpaper applications in bulk because the store is operated as 'Curated App Store', which means that we select the some applications to give our store benefit in particular."
Thanks a lot for all your efforts and support!