New Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement

Has anyone looked at this yet to see what's new? I haven't taken the time to go through it thoroughly, but I did notice they expect us to provide a certain level of support for our customers (which we should be doing anyway), and they have a clause that says if they remove a paid app we may have to give the earnings back for the previous year.

Comments

• Yesterday I uploaded a new version of one of my APPs.
    Because there are no warnings, I thought everything is OK.
    A few hous later, google has locked my app.

I suspect if its beause my description ist to detailed. there were a few repeating words.
    so be carefully.

I had contacted the support and beg to reactivate my app.
    cross your fingers for me ...

• hI!
    What about yuor apll?
    Is reactivated?
  • no, that's the answer from google. now I have uploaded the app with a new package name.
    are there similar experiences?

Hi,

We have reviewed your appeal and will not be reinstating your app. This
    decision is final and we will not be responding to any additional emails
    regarding this removal.

If your account is still in good standing and the nature of your app allows
    for republishing you may consider releasing a new, policy compliant version of
    your app to Google Play under a new package name. We are unable to comment
    further on the specific policy basis for this removal or provide guidance on
    bringing future versions of your app into policy compliance. Instead, please
    reference the REASON FOR REMOVAL in the initial notification
    email from Google Play, or the one listed below:

Violation of the spam provisions
    of the Content Policy. Please refer to the keyword
    spam policy help article
     for more information.

• Do not engage in "keyword stuffing" by
      loading app descriptions with keywords out of context.

• Do not use irrelevant, misleading, or
      excessive keywords in apps descriptions, titles, or
      metadata.
    Please note that additional violations may result in a
    suspension of your Google Play Developer account.

Regards,
    The Google
    Play Team

• I have received to a notification about closing one of my apps just 20 minutes after anew updating with minor changes.

REASON FOR REMOVAL: Violation of the intellectual property and impersonation or deceptive behavior

Well. I don't know if is my old version or is my new version... or simply if the update induce to a revision. The old version was more than 6 months old without any warning.

other similar apps have no problem during moths and now I am worried about new updates.

Those apps are rss readers specialized in one matter. News apps with several RSS activities.

The app was totally deleted and I cant change anything.... and I am not sure what is the problem.

I think the old version was a little "illegal" as it had RSS with the option "open link in app" activated and it can be considered "impersonation" or "violation of copyright". But the new version was the option "show RSS item content" that I consider less "illegal". i think to that may be the icon was not totally original.... I don't know, but other of my apps are similar and I am worried.

• Same here,

When I updated an app, several hours later it got blocked.. Violation of the intellectual property and impersonation or deceptive behavior..

Means if u are not 100% sure that ur app is in compliance with Google TOS, do NOT upload new version..
  • What kind of apps did you guys publish?
  • edited December 2014
    Like this one

I have reduced screenshots to the ones with little external content. May be this were the problem.

An screenshot with the RSS content, if this is big, can be considered use "impersonation" of other web page or app with the same content. I think.

And I deleted all facebook pages (may be violation of intellectual property)

Of course all RSS are now in "show RSS content" or "open destination in external browser" in order to avoid be guilty of "using content of 3rd people in frames" (intellectual property or impersonation again).

No problem with the last update in this app-
  • That's good to hear, thanks for the share, @notraf!
  • be careful with the descriptions, tags and unrelated words. they are quite strict when it comes to these. be careful also with icons and pictures which have been previously used either by others or even yourselves. check my app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andromo.dev326540.app368995