Andromo App Maker for Android v4.3.0 Released

edited June 2015 in Announcements
Andromo App Maker for Android version 4.3.0 has been released.

Here is a list of changes in this version:
  • Changed the timing in which interstitial ads are shown in order to be compliant with current AdMob guidelines. (Note: using Tapgage along with AdMob is not recommended as its timing cannot be controlled.)
  • Added a new "AdMob Test Device IDs" setting that allows you to define one or more "test devices" where only test ads will be shown. We also created a "Device ID Utility" app in order to get the ID of your device.
  • Added a 5 minutes option to the "Time between Ads" setting for interstitial ads.
  • Updated the AppLovin SDK to version 5.4.3.
  • Updated the Amazon Mobile Ads SDK to version 5.5.149
  • Updated the Tapgage SDK to version 0.3.0.
  • Updated the mobileCore SDK to version 1.1.
  • Changed how ad networks are presented on the monetization tab.
Andromo App Maker for Android v4.3.0 is now live at www.andromo.com.

Comments

• edited June 2015
    Thanks Daryl!

would you elaborate more about this?
    Changed
    the timing in which interstitial ads are shown in order to be compliant
    with current AdMob guidelines. - See more at:
    http://forums.andromo.com/discussion/1518/andromo-app-maker-for-android-v4-3-0-released#sthash.VfyBWg6L.dpuf
    "changed the timing in which interstitial ads are shown in order to be compliant with current admob guideline"

what exactly is this refer to? I need to know if I need to rebuild all of my apps to comply with this.

Thx
    Changed
    http://forums.andromo.com/discussion/1518/andromo-app-maker-for-android-v4-3-0-released?post#Form_Body
    Changed
    http://forums.andromo.com/discussion/1518/andromo-app-maker-for-android-v4-3-0-released?post#Form_Body
  • @darryl
    Thanks to everyone in Andromo for your work. Seems you sorted out things that are crucial, like the interstitials issue. I kinda ghoped AirPush would make it for the update but seems like there is problem with their SDK still.

Can you elaborate as to if Mobilecore 1.1 got any improvements, according to your testings?

• @irfanarghi

The interstitial timing changes were implemented due to some users having their apps disabled by AdMob as described in the following discussion:

http://forums.andromo.com/discussion/1510/admobs-ad-serving-disabled-due-to-admobs-advertisment-policy-violation-#Item_17

@anteos
    Yes, this update was mainly to fix the interstitials issue and included anything else that had been previously done already. As far as Airpush, we're waiting on a few fixes from them for some issues we found during testing/implementation. As far as Mobilecore, I couldn't find any release notes or recall seeing any differences, so I'm not sure of what, if anything was fixed, however it's always recommended to use their latest version.
  • Good stuff, thanks @darryl.
  • AdMob Test Device ID's and your own mobile app solution for getting that ID is really smoothly done.
    ^:)^
  • edited June 2015
    Great work guys, appeal has been successfull
    ;;)
  • just shows we need to diversify, cant wait for airpush
  • It would be a good idea if the AdMob Test Device IDs will be recorded as one for all applications instead of adding them manually in each application
  • Thanks for the updates. Can you please integrate Airpush as soon as possible?
  • @atlas: That's entirely up to Airpush. We'll release Airpush as soon as they produce an SDK without errors that prevent its release.
  • Congrats for the updates and you have some nice new features!
    After updating my apps, some users started complaining about the slower apps! I only use admob and I tested the apps and they are slower indeed and they crash (in webpages) more often. Did someone noticed that?

Thanks
  • @casan9va - No, there was nothing changed in the Website activity. Perhaps your site (usually javascript code) has changed? As for things being slower, can you describe what you mean? If this is also in regards to a Webview activity, is your website/server slower/busier now? Bigger pages to download? Slower data connection? Errors on your page or more complex Javascript was added? The apps created by Andromo haven't gotten slower...