Give Us Your Suggestions

We're looking for some more suggestions and feedback from our users. This time we're trying our hand at using Google Moderator to sort the comments.  I've written a quick blog post with more details.

mark.

Comments

• Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone, we're up to nine suggestions and 34 votes. I'm pretty sure we have more suggestions and users than that.

mark.
  • I know this is an old thread but I'll try my luck. Action bar, I don't like it. Is there any way you can create other designs that we could choose from or is there a way you could remove it or allow us to create one ourselves? My main thing is the HTML Archive activity and I've found out that there is not a whole lot of things Andromo can't do if you use this activity. With that said I need to have a menu bar of my own within the activity and with Andromo's bar and my menu bar at the top it kind of looks...unprofessional at least I believe so.
  • I personally don't like having to wait 10 minutes every time I have a failed build. I completely understand having to wait after a successful build, but when it fails? Especially when fixing the reason to why it failed only takes seconds to do, you have to wait another 10 minutes.. You can easily spend A LOT of time getting things right just within Andromo before you have a successful build. Pretty dumb unless there is a reason for this that I'm not understanding.

I also agree with shorty9009 regarding the Action Bar. I think it's unnecessary depending on the kind of app that you create, and improvements can be made.
  • Can an option to use adsense or an ad serving company other than admob be offered?  The payout on admob stinks.
  • @asedorus The time that you wait for a successful build or a failed build depends on how many people are in front of you in the build queue. That's just how long it takes sometimes for the queue to be process and for the email to be sent. We don't make you wait any longer then you need to.

@heybert00 AdMob (owned by Google) actually integrates AdSense you just need to turn it on within your AdMob account on the App Settings tab.
  • How about a form activity, so we don't have to rely on clunky HTML?  On a related note, when I enter a form field, I don't always want the full keyboard - is there any way to limit that to just the numeric keypad?
  • In a form, just ensure the "type" of form element (ie select) is correctly named.  If it is called Email, you will see your keyboard is different (it has the @ symbol and a dedicated .com button.

So if you name the type of form item  correctly - the users phone will handle the rest (should).

from another user
  • I'd really like to see a previewer or emulator so we know what our apps look like as we are building them or after we've built them (without having to download them to our devices).

This would help a lot with capturing screenshots for uploading to Google Play too.

Thanks!
  • please add a chat zone where i and users of my application can interact..
    I really enjoy your service,in fact,you have been the best android
    application creating website have seen for now,but please how do i embed
    a simple chat zone into my application,where users of my application
    and i can interact with ourselves..thanks for your anticipated support..
    - See more at: http://forums.andromo.com/discussion/3/what-would-you-like-to-see-added-to-andromo/p4#sthash.R74SgRSa.dpuf
    I really enjoy your service,in fact,you have been the best android
    application creating website have seen for now,but please how do i embed
    a simple chat zone into my application,where users of my application
    and i can interact with ourselves..thanks for your anticipated support..
    - See more at: http://forums.andromo.com/discussion/3/what-would-you-like-to-see-added-to-andromo/p4#sthash.R74SgRSa.dpuf
  • Yep, preview would be fantastic. This would considerably speed up the process of making apps. For example, I'd like to test all the options, but I don't have the will, because I need to build the app every single time, install it and then wait another 10 mins, before building again, just to apply 1 change.

But you still have two thumbs up from me, anyway. :)
  • The New swipe feature in RSS is great BUT it is not obvious to the user that they can actually swipe.
    Some sort of icon/something would be good.
  • @tamworthheat I understand why you feel that way, however the swipe gesture is very common all over the Android ecosystem so most users will be familiar with it. Also given the way it was implemented the end user doesn't have to use the swipe at all, they can simply interact with the app using the list and the back button.