To participate, please log in to your Andromo App Maker account then come back here!

IMPORTANT: Do NOT opt-in to Google Play App Signing

edited May 18 in General Discussion
Since there have been a couple people who have contacted us today with questions/issues, we wanted to pass along an important note to all Andromo users. Apparently there is a new optional item in the Google Play Developer Console called "Google Play App Signing". For Andromo apps you should NOT enroll your app(s) since you're not signing the app yourself, and don't possess the original signing credentials.

Comments

• Thanks for the notice.

I haven't read the whole thing yet, but will it be possible to use GP Play Signing in future for apps made with Andromo?

• Create Your Own App with Andromo

• then how we upload apk without enroll?
  • I think you can upload APK's without enrollment, but I haven't tried it yet. It seems to be something that's beneficial to have, tho.
  • @abdulharisfaqih
    You need to specifically enroll your app for that feature to take effect, so you would simply not enroll your app when submitting it.

@hendrixs
    While I haven't had time to go through all of the details, I believe you need to provide Google with the signing credentials for the app as well as sign it with a new upload key. All Andromo apps are signed with Andromo's signing certificate which of course we can't provide to the public. Existing apps wouldn't be able to be updated if you changed the signing key. So I believe the only way it would work is for new apps where users create their own app and upload signing certificates and provide us with the upload certificate to sign with (which adds complexity for users). All in all this is something we'll need to have a meeting about (internally) to discuss further.

• @darryl ;
    Thanks for the explanation.
  • The only "benefit" I can see of this program is that if as a app developer you were to somehow lose your signing key, you would never be able to update your app on Google Play again. How would that happen? A catastrophic hard drive failure and you were foolish enough to not make backups, I suppose... something you don't need to worry about with Andromo of course. 
  • @collinadams ; Thanks! I think its function is just like the user key store that applicable in unity3d to create unity apps. If I lose the user key store, I can't update my app in the Google Play anymore.

• If for some reason you did decide to enroll in this anyways, please refer to the following thread:

https://forums.andromo.com/discussion/1981/i-cant-upload-my-app