OPT-OUT of App Signing by Google Play - Andromo Apps are already Signed for you!

edited September 2018 in General Discussion
Google has added a new optional item in the Google Play Developer Console called "App Signing by Google Play".

Andromo apps are already signed for you by Andromo.

Since you're not signing the app yourself, and don't possess the original signing credentials, you MUST choose OPT-OUT or Google Play will not let you upload your app!

There is no way to "OPT-OUT" later if you choose to continue. The only thing you can do is change the package name of your app and then upload it as a new app.

This is only for new apps, the first time you add them to Google Play. It does not show up for existing app updates (since you can never change a signing key), so you will only need to do this the first time you add an app to Google Play.

Comments

• Thanks for the notice.

I haven't read the whole thing yet, but will it be possible to use GP Play Signing in future for apps made with Andromo?
  • then how we upload apk without enroll?
  • I think you can upload APK's without enrollment, but I haven't tried it yet. It seems to be something that's beneficial to have, tho.
  • @abdulharisfaqih
    You need to specifically enroll your app for that feature to take effect, so you would simply not enroll your app when submitting it.

@hendrixs
    While I haven't had time to go through all of the details, I believe you need to provide Google with the signing credentials for the app as well as sign it with a new upload key. All Andromo apps are signed with Andromo's signing certificate which of course we can't provide to the public. Existing apps wouldn't be able to be updated if you changed the signing key. So I believe the only way it would work is for new apps where users create their own app and upload signing certificates and provide us with the upload certificate to sign with (which adds complexity for users). All in all this is something we'll need to have a meeting about (internally) to discuss further.

• @darryl ;
    Thanks for the explanation.
  • The only "benefit" I can see of this program is that if as a app developer you were to somehow lose your signing key, you would never be able to update your app on Google Play again. How would that happen? A catastrophic hard drive failure and you were foolish enough to not make backups, I suppose... something you don't need to worry about with Andromo of course. 
  • @collinadams ; Thanks! I think its function is just like the user key store that applicable in unity3d to create unity apps. If I lose the user key store, I can't update my app in the Google Play anymore.

• If for some reason you did decide to enroll in this anyways, please refer to the following thread:

https://forums.andromo.com/discussion/1981/i-cant-upload-my-app

• I fought with Google for weeks trying to publish my radio app then it got suspended. After reading this, I built the project again using the alternate name, net.andromo, went through the publishing process again in the play store and made sure I didn't allow the app signing, and boom. The app was live in Google Play within and hour.

Good advice in this post. Certainly stay away from the app signing. Was the only change I made to the app.
  • This brings up a long standing request -- it would be GREAT if Andromo would allow us to upload our own signing key to use to sign our apps. Please.
  • If for some reason people decide not to renew andromo subscription and they have their own signing key, they can edit the apps without paying any penny to andromo. That is why andromo cannot provide signing key to u
  • hi i uploaded app with opting out app signing and uploaded to play store , but after review they show this message.

and  start rollout to production button is disabled. they are saying to optimize app inorder to start production 

pls help
    ********Error Message *******
    Unoptimized APK

Warning:

This APK results in unused code and resources being sent to users. Your app could be smaller if you used the Android App Bundle. By not optimizing your app for device configurations, your app is larger to download and install on users' devices than it needs to be. Larger apps see lower install success rates and take up storage on users' devices.

Resolution:

Use the Android App Bundle to automatically optimize for device configurations, or manage it yourself with multiple APKs.

start rollout to production button is disabled due to this warning

see images /

• Is this information still current?  Is the app signing done by Google Play or the app can be uploaded with Andromo signing?
  • Upload without selecting Google signing. Andromo does it.
  • thanks.... if i have already have an app live in google play with different signature... how can i replace/update the package with andromo apps?

• By how to create apps in androma

• How do i get help to create an app via my mobile phone

• how to fix problem plz

• You uploaded an APK or Android App Bundle that is signed with a key that is also used to sign APKs that are delivered to users. Because you are enrolled in Play App Signing, you should sign your APK or Android App Bundle with a new key before you upload it.

• edited August 2021

OPT OUT is no longer exist anymore since today (03 august 2021), play store only accept AAB file not APK anymore. Any solution from andromo?

• I have the same problem, how can the andromo team solve it?

• I have the same problem, namely the Build file from andromo can't be uploaded on Google play, how can the Andromo team solve it?

• Hello,

There was a payment that was made without my permission, I stopped using andromo almost a year ago, I want a full refund and my account closed.

I have contacted the support team they said that they will send my request to the financial team. But I have not received any answer from anyone.

PLEASE I NEED MY MONEY BACK. I DONT WANT TO USE ANDROMO.

• I have been encountering difficulties while trying to upload the latest version of my application to the Google Play Store. The Play Store console is requesting an app signing key, which I currently do not possess and am uncertain about how to obtain.

I kindly request that you consider providing each developer with their unique app signing key. This would greatly alleviate the need for constant requests regarding this matter, making the process smoother for all developers.

Thank you.