Andromo App Maker v5.0.4 is live!
edited July 2017 in Announcements
Andromo App Maker for Android version 5.0.4 has been released.
Here is a list of changes in this version release:
Here is a list of changes in this version release:
- Fixed an issue with AdMob banners where the returned ad size was larger than the provided ad space resulting in no ad displaying on some sized devices.
- Fixed a bug where the Norwegian language translations were not being used correctly.
- Fixed an issue with several Drawer Icon options that would cause a build failure if chosen.
- Added a "Use legacy icon image" option to the Square Image dropdown menu for Activities created using Andromo v4. Moving forward, you should upload higher quality images (Andromo v4 limited you to square 256x256 icon graphic files). Andromo v5 now supports high resolution photo quality 1440x1440 images... However, for quick project updates, this new feature should save some time migration old projects over to v5!
- Added smart migration of projects to Andromo v5. For any project that has not been updated since v5 was released, we have updated your project and set the "Dashboard item style" for you, to match up with the closest v5 style that uses Square Images. Then, for any Activity that has not been updated, we have set the "Square Image" to be your old legacy icon image. Moving forward we recommend you update your images to new higher quality versions and investigate the 50 new awesome looking Material dashboard styles that are now available.
This discussion has been closed.
You can make it optional, and perhaps make a setting how many seconds would we like for it to show up.
I believe it should not be complicated? It is a feature asked by many clients for which we are making apps.
Dispute that I have little problem which makes me headache in activity and my icon(s) . There are all blank (can't see image(s) which I choose ) . Since in new app I have a lot of activities , its really frustrating without images to see in order. This is list: square image + title subtitle . In previous version this part worked fine.
Will this be fixed soon ? Thanks.
@atlas Other dashboard styles are on the drawing board, but no ETA for custom card heights. We haven't had any other requests for that...
@paraglajder Splash screens are really weird in Android apps that have next to zero load time and only "start" very occassionally. You see them in games because of the setup time and the way the OS discards memory hogs. It's on the suggestion list though.
@pwasim786 Is your devices setup as an AdMob test device? Do you have AdMob ads enabled? Any other ad networks? Where are you located? Is there ad fill available? Is your AdMob account active for more than 48 hours? Same for the admob id? Is your account banned? Lots of reasons an ad will not show up... Be specific and repeatable.
@mww_apps Glad you are liking it. That column you have circled is called "Drawer Icon". Nothing to fix - That is what is being displayed from your Activity in that list. It's simply a bit of help for you to quickly identify your Activity name when editing your project. What is shown in your app on say the Dashboard, depends on what Dashboard Item Style you have defined: Wide image, Square Image or Drawer Icons.
We will probably have a few more item styles in the next update, including some simple styles for people using background images.
I know it sound useless and I agree with you, but I am just passing my clients' requests to you, not to mention that other app builders already offer this, so you guys might consider it. People just feel better when their logo in a splash screen is shown a few seconds immediately once the app starts... And they are asking for it. It is one of the first questions I get: "Will the app have a splash screen?" They don't care if the app loads immediately and it doesn't need one no matter how hard I explain that to them.
Thank you for your communication by the way, I appreciate it.
For now, when I'm using item style grid square image 4 columns and orientation set to landscape, the images will become blurred, because the image is forced to be enlarged to become 4 columns.
It would be great if the columns that follow the image depend on the width of each device (like v4 does)
I Had few Apps which were created by previous version 4. In those Apps I Set My Device as Admob Test Device. Admob is Showing Test Banner and Interstitial for that App.
But I Create two New Apps for Testing Version 5. I doesn't Implement Test Device ID in one New App. And Implement in other One. But On My Device neither it Showing Test Banner Ad or Real Banner Ad. Just Showing Blank Space In Place Of Banner which is Usually Big than Admob Ad Banner Space.
- Whether or not you are seeing interstitials in your app. In other words is it just banners that are not showing or both.
- Confirmation that the Ad Unit ID is of type "Banner" in your AdMob account and not one of the other types and that it is present in the banner field and that the IDs are not mixed up.
- Attach a copy of the app you've built where you're seeing the problem.
- The exact model of device you're seeing the issue on.
- Whether or not you've tried your app on any other device and what the results were.
I also realized that the share button on audio activity (when user long press the activity) still useless. Because when user do that, it only share text "I'm listening to: [Title Activity]".
Maybe you can change that to share audio file? it would be great.
But if still share the text only, crossed 2 things in my mind :
1. Give us option to change the text
2. Make generic one like : I'm using [app name] app, download [app name] now on [play store link]