Minor updates

edited October 2019 in Announcements
Hello everyone. In this thread will be posted Andromo minor updates.

- Updated Facebook Audience network SDK to 5.1.1
- Fix crashes, which appeared when to use: audio player, podcast or radio activities. So if you using these type of activities, please, rebuild your apps.

25 March 2019
- More customizable interstitial timings.

01 April 2019
- Hide URL and show alert pop-up about "no internet connection" in "Website" and "HTML archive" activities.

03 April 2019
- Modified alert pop-up in "Website" and "HTML archive" activities. Added "Cancel" button for the pop-up;
- Fixed specific crashes. If you see in your Google Developers Console crashes with these parameters  (java.lang.RuntimeException 
com.google.android.gcm.GCMBaseIntentService.onHandleWork), please, re-build and upgrade your applications.

08 April 2019
- Fixed "back button" move after appearing alert pop-up (HTML and Website activities)
- Hide URL if disappear internet connection while going loading activities.

15 May 2019
- Add "Rate Us Pop-Up" feature (Professional plan);
- Fixed a big bunch of errors. Please, update your apps, if you see such method calls in your crash stack traces (Google Play Dev Console):
1. com.bumptech.glide.manager.* and *.AndromoActivity.onDestroy
2. android.view.View.performClick and *.Dashboard_*.onItemClick
3. *.Web*.*.onReceivedError and android.view.ViewRootImpl.setView

10 June 2019
- Add push notification service - OneSignal (with more tariff plans and more attractive prices ) more info here;
- Fixed a big bunch of errors. Please, update your apps, if you see such method calls in your crash stack traces (Google Play Dev Console): *Activity.onStop()

28 June 2019
- Update target API level to 28 (Android 9.0);
- Add option in the app to switch on or off push notifications in OneSignal service.

23 July 2019
- Add Google Firebase Analytics service. More information about the integration process here.

24 July 2019
- Add direct link functionality from push notification to activity (OneSignal).
For it, you just must rebuild your app and then copy "Activity URL " and paste it to the "Launch URL" field in OneSignal admin panel.

29 July 2019
- Updated Facebook SDK.
If you had any problems with Facebook Ad, just rebuild your app.

17 September 2019
- Fixed sharing functionality from gallery activity to the messengers.
If you had any problems with gallery activity and messengers, just rebuild your app.
- Fixed Flickr activity functionality (blank feed in the app);
If you had any problems with Flickr activity, just rebuild your app.

04 October 2019
We updated our builder with a bunch of fixes aboard.
Please, rebuild your apps and follow the changes in the Google Dev Console.

If you watching an increase crashes in Google developer console, or you have other issues, feel free to write to our support. We will try to resolve your problem within the shortest possible time.

Comments

• Hello 
    Could you optimize interstitial ads 
    currently ads are shown after around 3-5 activity clicks, the pre loading is not very effective which means loss of revenue
    also could you implement interstitial on every activity asa a option, this should increase most people revenue and add much value to andromo

thanks
  • Can you please tell me exact date that this update happened? I want to see which apps are affected.
  • @tech_support Hello, I see on andromo.com site, the app will support multi language? it true?  , If yes, can't wait for this feature :)

Thanks
  • Guys we need a changelog, like what happened previously.
    Now we dont know what you fix and when exactly.
    Please tell me when the fix for the crashes was added in your engine. Exact date - I was repairing more than 80 apps around the time the fuss started in the forums. I need to know if I need to rebuild and how many.
  • @rakazi10  in Monday will some update for interstitial.
    @anteos update with audio, podcast, radio activities was live at 15 March 2019. If you still will see crashes in Google Play Console contact us. And next minor update will be with exact dates.
  • @tech_support
    Thank you for prompt response. Now I can take a look and update those apps that got updated before that date.
  • 25 March 2019
    - More customizable interstitial timings.
  • @tech_support How about hide URL in website activity?
  • edited March 2019
    @olique Thank you for your suggestion, we are working on it.
    About the introduction of this functionality in future updates, you can read in this thread.

• Update info:
    01 April 2019
    - Hide URL and show alert pop-up about "no internet connection" in "Website" and "HTML archive" activities.
  • Hello,
    @tech_support  about hide URL Hide URL and show alert pop-up
    Please can you, hide the pop when the user click return, is very important we must not block the user form using the other parts of the application.

please update

Thank you
  • @matias87 Thanks for the advice. We'll see what we can do about it.
  • Update info:
    03 April 2019
    - Modified alert pop-up in "Website" and "HTML archive" activities. Added "Cancel" button for the pop-up;
    - Fixed specific crashes. If you see in your Google Developers Console crashes with these parameters  (java.lang.RuntimeException 
    com.google.android.gcm.GCMBaseIntentService.onHandleWork), please, re-build and upgrade your applications.

• I'm getting a lot of "Build failed. Check your email for more info." errors lately, but not getting an email. What's going on?
  • @atlas These were short technical failures. We removed them as quickly as possible, at the moment everything is working smoothly.
    If you have any other issues, feel free to write to our support. We will try to resolve your problem within the shortest possible time.
  • Update info:
    08 April 2019
    - Fixed "back button" move after appearing alert pop-up (HTML and web activities)
    - Hide URL if disappear internet connection while going loading activities.
  • Update info:
    We should note with regret, that with the implementation of more customizable interstitial timings, we were confronted with the problem of many builds failed in our users.
    So for now, we are returning old interstitial ad timings until we solve this problem.
    Thank you for your understanding, your Andromo team.
  • My 28 apps that I updated didn't fail so I can't see why I can't still continue with interstitial ad timings at 15 seconds or 30 seconds.
  • @tones702 ; check your apps statistics, maybe the people who downloaded your apps are having a lot of crashes. 

• Excelent, than ks
  • @meghak I am checking my apps but looking at stats crashed seem fine but stats are delayed. Does that mean the 28 apps I added more info and updated the last 2 plus weeks have to be redone when issue of interstitial ads is fixed. I will contact support because none of this is clarified. I didn't update for 7 months because no point with 2 minutes interstitial ads. I hope this gets fixed asap 15 to 30 seconds option.

Temporary statistics delay

Some daily app statistics are currently experiencing delays. We expect to resolve the issue shortly.

• @johao_2017 @tones702 @meghak
    We return interstitial timings because appears crashes after builds (build failed exception) of Andromo users. If you after build process have the message about "the app was successfully built", then your users don`t have any crashes or errors while they using your app, and you don`t have to worry about it.
  • Hi. When trying to update olds apps on Amazon market, I get an error that my apk is compatible with zero devices. I get this error when i choose any type of build (google play, amazon or samsung). Here is a screenshot.
    https://gyazo.com/b98cd80601a2e16460e412a9ee963a41
  • @tech_support
    John, please take a look at this.
  • edited April 2019
    Hello, @nickdavies100 create a ticket here http://support.andromo.com and we will resolve that issue.
  • I was able to find a workaround i guess by deleting the old apk and uploading a new one. But you guys might want to still look into it.
  • @nickdavies100 Thanks for your advice.
    It's nice to hear that your problem has been solved.

• @nickdavies100 this is actually a weird thing about Amazon's UI. Instead of uploading a new APK in the space provided, click on "Replace" next to the last version, just below the upload space. That will take care of the devices issue.
This discussion has been closed.