(Update #2) New Andromo Builder coming later this year.

1101112131416»

Comments

• Your support is broken. It usually takes weeks or months to get responses back, if responses are received at all.

YouTube doesn't work at all. I told support that, and was given a page of instructions to follow. It still doesn't work. It worked great with V2.

Radio still doesn't work as well as it did in V2.

Podcasts can't be downloaded like they could in V2.

I've heard that ads don't work well, but I don't know personally because I haven't dared replace my V2 apps with V3 since the features I need don't fully work, and if the ads don't work as well I'm going to lose money.

• @RomanJuly

Sent a new support request with the missing features in V3 in the format you mentioned above. Kindly check it and fix the issues asap.

• @RomanJuly

In response to your request, I have noted below the features that are available in V2 but unavailable in V3.

1. GLOBAL IMAGE & GLOBAL TOOLBAR SETTINGS - IN GLOBAL STYLE 

Global style settings in V2 has three settings: Color settings, Image settings, and Toolbar settings.

Global style settings in V3 has only one settings: color settings.

Please add Image settings, and Toolbar settings to the Global style settings in V3

Feature description

A). Global Image settings: This allows us to set a global image background that will be used in all of the activities. 

This is important when you have over 800 activities in your project. When you want to re-skin your project, instead of changing the background image manually 800 times for the 800 activities, you simply use the global image settings to do so.

At the Activity Levels:

At the activity levels in V3, under Style -> Component Appearance: Introduce the option "Inherit from Global settings". So that when this option is selected, the activity will inherit the background image set at the Global settings.

If you want a particular activity to have a different background image (other than the one specified in the Global image settings), then you simply upload a different image or specify a different image link at the activity level. This is how it works in Andromo V2!!!

B). Global Toolbar settings: Do the same for Global Toolbar settings.

2. BROADCAST INFORMATION - IN RADIO PLAYER

Radio player in V2 displays broadcast information (title of song, and name of artist)

Radio player in V3 does not.

3. LANDSCAPE AND PORTRAIT MODE - IN WEB ACTIVITY

Web Activity in V2 comes with three options to set the orientation of the page (Automatic, Landscape, and Portrait).

Web Activity in V3 only has Automatic. There is no way to set it to Landscape or Portrait mode.

4. BUILD THIS ACTIVITY

Every activity in V2 has the option "Build this activity". This option helps you decide whether you want to include a particular activity in a final build.

All activities in V3 does not have this option.

5. M3U LINKS - IN AUDIO PLAYER

The Audio player in V2 plays M3U links. 

The Online Audio player in V3 does not play M3U links.

Some of us have tried to substitute the Radio M3U player for this, BUT then the Radio M3U player does not display name of artist, time elapsed, progress bar, speed control button, and repeat button. For these reasons, we cannot substitute this player for M3U Audio player.

6. SHUFFLE BUTTON - IN AUDIO PLAYER

The audio player in V2 has a shuffle button.

The audio player in V3 does not.

7. DOWNLOAD BUTTON - IN PODCAST PLAYER

The podcast player in Andromo V2 has a download button.

The podcast player in V3 does not.

8. LINKING DIRECTLY TO PAGES - INSIDE THE HTML ARCHIVE ACTIVITY

In Andromo V2, you can link directly to pages inside the HTML Archive Activity. For example:

If you have a folder named content, and this folder contains the following pages:

index.html

about.html

services.html

gallery.html

You simply zip up this folder and upload it (content.zip) to the HTML Archive Activity.

Now, from the Custom Page Activity or the Web Activity, you can link directly to each of the pages inside the content folder. All you have to do is to use a html anchor tag as follows:

<a href="andromo://htmlarchive_1647547949_c71614877d/content/index.html" target="_blank"> Home </a>

<a href="andromo://htmlarchive_1647547949_c71614877d/content/about.html" target="_blank"> About </a>

<a href="andromo://htmlarchive_1647547949_c71614877d/content/services.html" target="_blank"> Services </a>

<a href="andromo://htmlarchive_1647547949_c71614877d/content/gallery.html" target="_blank"> Gallery </a>

When users click on any of these links, it opens the respective pages inside the content folder in the HTML Archive Activity.

The HTML Archive Activity in Andromo V3 does not support this feature.

• I agree with @...

Just want to add few more I can think off right now:

Podcast Player

In V2 playlist look very neat

In V3 playlist look very ugly and not much choice to customise the look (very limited or none)

Audio Player

In V2 the Audio player - plays all types of audio streams

In V3 its very confusing and the Audio player does not play some streams (it's very random)

• Start.io ads doesnt work! Any updates? @RomanJuly

• #ProjectNextGeneration

I think Andromo is as good as dead. No one here anymore and you cannot longer update Apps in Google Play because V3 is half-baked.

Very sad.

• @RomanJuly

OneSignal in v3 is having major bugs. We can send the notifications and they get delivered, but the links in them are not opening anymore. Tried with both external links and internal links to activities, and the result is the same.

I have been your user for the past 4 years and 3 of my main apps solely depend on daily notifications from One Signal. It was working perfectly in v2 and has become non-functional after upgrading to v3.

I have contacted your support with 3 separate tickets but didn't get any proper response. The Onesignal support team said that they can investigate if the logs are provided.

Please have a look at the earliest, as this will be affecting all your users having One Signal integration in their apps

• @DrSharonBaisilMD I have the same problem

• @AndroidKing

I think it's a global issue for all andromo users. It might have got triggered after firebase updated their cloud message API to V1 on April 1st and Andomo is still using the legacy version. Anyway, no response from the support, except that 'we are working on your case' :(

• @RomanJuly

This is my ticket number related to this OneSignal error: 16476

I had submitted it on April 19

• It happens for me also. Onesignal notifications reaches phones but when clicked on it, it nothing happens.

• It happens for me also. Onesignal notifications reaches phones but when clicked on it, it nothing happens.

• Guys, I think One Signal issue has been fixed several sprints ago. Let us know if there are any issues

• One signal working fine with andromo. Thanks

• Hello,

There was a payment that was made without my permission, I stopped using andromo almost a year ago, I want a full refund and my account closed.

I have contacted the support team they said that they will send my request to the financial team. But I have not received any answer from anyone.

PLEASE I NEED MY MONEY BACK. I DONT WANT TO USE ANDROMO.

• During an open test of the application, 3 installation problems were encountered. The problem was detected on one device during the test. Tracing the function call sequence

I am a new programmer

• NO UNSUBSCRIBE BUTTON

• NO UNSUBSCRIBE BUTTON ON MY ACCOUNT. PLEASE FIX MY ACCOUNT SO I NO LONGER HAVE TO PAY THE MONTHLY FEES

• The SDK provider of com.google.android.recaptcha:recaptcha has 

added a note for recaptcha:18.1.2. Here's what the SDK provider told us:

A critical security vulnerability was discovered in reCAPTCHA Enterprise for Mobile. The vulnerability has been patched in the latest SDK release. Customers will need to update their Android application with the reCAPTCHA Enterprise for Mobile SDK, version 18.4.0 or above. We strongly recommend you update to the latest version as soon as possible.

• Hi,

Andromo Team, we have a serious problem here with this :

A critical security vulnerability was discovered in reCAPTCHA Enterprise for Mobile. The vulnerability has been patched in the latest SDK release. Customers will need to update their Android application with the reCAPTCHA Enterprise for Mobile SDK, version 18.4.0 or above. We strongly recommend you update to the latest version as soon as possible.

Can you just reply and give us an update about this ?