Earn more with Tapgage or with Admob?

Well, i just changed one of my apps from Admob to Tapgage, but it doesn't seem that Tapgage is better.

From the last 2 days (Tapgage): 303 Impressions, $0.00 Revenue, 27 Clicks, $0,00 eCPM

From 2 days before (Admob): 1,231 Impressions, $3.48 Revenue, 1231 Requests, $2.83 eCPM

I don't get why Admob has more impressions, it should almost be the same.

Comments

• @mobilegameplay You can read a good discussion on tapgage here: http://forums.andromo.com/discussion/507/boost-your-app-revenue-with-tapgage-interstitial-ads#Item_11 and information on the ads themselves in our knowledge base: http://support.andromo.com/kb/common-questions/how-to-get-a-tapgage-app-id-and-ad-slot-id

AdMob has more impressions because AdMob uses banner ads, which are displayed on most Andromo activities. Tapgage ads however are interstitial ads, and they will only be shown after a certain time has elapsed. As controlled on the Monetization tab.

You can also include both AdMob and Tapgage in the same app if you want. Also remember that 2 days is not a lot of time.

mark.
  • Yeah, you were right about the impressions, i forgot about that. 2 Days isn't much indeed, but still it should be real statistics. Almost the same usage in those days.
  • @mobilegameplay With regard to the performance be sure to read Arfan's comment in that thread http://forums.andromo.com/discussion/comment/1610#Comment_1610 He's the CEO of Tapgage and he explains the results.
  • I definitely would not turn off Banner Ads. I'd leave those on, as well as enabling Interstitial Ads. They are quite complementary. Interstitials (Tapgage) grab the user's focus 100% between activities, so they are very 'engaging', but you should only be showing them infrequently - between 20 and 60 minutes. You'll need to test a few options to see what works best for your audience.

But certainly, collect at least 7-10 days worth of data before changing your plans. Otherwise, you'll just be spinning your wheels...

Colin
  • Well, I don't want both. Banner ads AND interstitial ads is too much. Although that's my opinion. I hoped Tapgage would be a nice change to Admob. No more banner ads which are displayed all the time, but ads that pop in randomly. I think that's less annoying for the user. 

Although I have stats for 3 days using Tapgage, 563 impressions, 45 clicks but my earnings are 0.00...
    I'm willing to wait 7-10 days but this doesn't look good. Is there some delay in earnings? Or do I really not earn anything? 

Anyway, I really appreciate that you guys give us more advertising options. Good work!
  • I'm using both. Since Saturday, I have earned $28 with Admob and a measly 70 cents with Tapgage. But I've also seen the sales of the paid (non-ad) version of my apps go up. So I guess it's bugging the users enough to want to pay to get rid of the ads, but not enough that many people are just uninstalling. I guess that's worth using Tapgage, even if I'm basically giving them free advertising at this point.
  • edited April 2013
    Attached a screenshot so you can see the numbers are ramping up a little bit.  2 apps are making money, the other 8 are not because they show less than 500 impressions.  I'm thinking about combining the under performing apps under one ID, but then you lose valuable data.  I combined all apps under 1 ID on Admob and it didn't work well.  The under performing apps were hurting the better ones.  Tapgage could perform differently.  Just a thought...

I would run Admob and Tapgage together, because I personally rarely notice Admob ads anyway.  Comparing the two directly isn't really fair in my opinion, but for what it's worth. Admob made $140 to $200 in 7 days on avg.  Tapgage is $60+.   20 minute default timer.  You can look at your Google Analytics data and see how long your average users are on your app.  Mine are rarely using the app for more than 20 minutes, so most only see the 1st initial ad which might not get a click because they simply want to see my app first.   I've done some advertising on Facebook which was an eye opener.  The stats showed that very often a user would have to see the same ad 2-3 times before they would finally click on it.   They're in your app for a reason, start to get bored and click their way out if the ad is appealing.  I'll probably adjust the timer a tiny bit and see what happens.
  • edited April 2013
    Not happy at all after 7 days. 1572 impressions - $0.00 revenue and 124 clicks. With Admob I earned a few dollars a day.

I'm sorry to say but i'm changing back to Admob. Although I do like to see more ad networks in the future.
  • I think just the ability to run your own full screen ads within your apps for free is worth running Tapgage too.  Have you looked into/considered In House ads to sell your pro/upgrade versions?
  • Well, i can understand it would work with a lite/paid version. But for me (just creating free apps) it isn't promising. 
  • edited April 2013
    16k impressions in last 5 days earning $0.6 with admob, switching over to tapgage will update on progress
    anyone use airbop?

• only get paid if user installs advertised app not on clicks. back to admob for me
  • @naqshbandi You do not have to only use one or the other. You might want to try to enable both AdMob and Tapgage, but set your Tapgage time between ads to something like 4 hours. That way you can use both methods and hopefully not frustrate your users.

It's also important to remember that CPA ads tend to pay well when the user performs the action, e.g. installs the App.

But it's up to you, you can use either or both methods to monetize.

mark.
  • @mark good idea, can you get any of the mediation to work on admob?
  • @maqshbandi Currently AdMob mediation is not possible. You can read my response here: http://forums.andromo.com/discussion/comment/1534#Comment_1534

But you can enable Tapgage and AdMob without mediation so that shouldn't be a problem with this.

mark.
  • #mark thanks  for that
  • Tapgage has been a little slow the last couple of days, and tonight it doesn't seem to be responding at all. That does not make for a good user experience. :(
  • I had the problem too, but it works now.