MobPartner NOK

edited May 2013 in General Discussion
I have problems with mobpartner ads (not showing and force closed app when you touch that area)
www.elexonic.com/dld/OSSA.apk

Tagged:

Comments

• @andro9 If you are not seeing any mobpartner ads you need to make sure that you are subscribing to campaigns for your pool as described in the knowledge-base article: http://support.andromo.com/kb/common-questions/how-to-get-a-mobpartner-pool-id#subscribe-to-campaigns

As far as the crash goes I will look into that tomorrow, what version of Android are you testing on?

mark.
  • I have the same problem, and my campaigns are working fine because I already earn something from them, so I don´t know, I can not see the campaigns, and can not click in the blank space because the app crashes.

My android version is 2.3.6

• We have released version 3.0.10 of Andromo that has fixed this crash: http://blog.andromo.com/2013/andromo-app-maker-for-android-v3-0-10-released/

mark.
  • mobpartner did not validated the campaign , probably they need one month for that. The system is very complicated , not intuitive.
  • mobpartner is not a good partner , its all manually not automated!

• > mobpartner did not validated the campaign , probably they need one month
    for that.

Our experience has been that it takes 1 or 2 business days for them to validate your account.

> The system is very complicated , not intuitive.

I agree that it seems complicated, because it is very flexible. Fortunately, we've created a step-by-step guide to setting up MobPartner ad pools for Andromo apps. Our docs are much better than theirs, so I'd recommend you simply follow our walkthrough here:

http://support.andromo.com/kb/common-questions/how-to-get-a-mobpartner-pool-id

> mobpartner is not a good partner , its all manually not automated!

I'm not sure what you mean. Once you setup an ad pool, it's 100% automated. It will even target your ads to specific countries based on IP etc, giving you full control over what ads you show in your apps and where they are shown geographically - letting you fine tune your campaigns for maximum performance.

• i wanna  say that you must make update campaign every time and its difficult. I don t want specific ads, just ads. I must submit and they must accept - this is not comfortable.
  • @andro9 I will try MobPartner in my next app. Is their eCPM any good? My Tapgage eCPM for the last 7 days is $0.37 which is even less, than my worst performing simple AdMob campaign.
  • for me is not working , I dont know why. I try to contact somebody from help but until now no answer
  • @andro9 Thanks for the reply. Please let us know when things start to work.
  • They need to quit making deals with these upstarts and integrate Amazon Mobile Ads!
  • This my request too! Amazon is most reliable partner! I hope Colin Adams read this.
  • > They need to quit making deals with these upstarts and integrate Amazon Mobile Ads!

@tholyoak To be honest, your tone is getting tiresome. Posting the same comment in multiple threads doesn't win you any friends - it's called trolling. Please dial it back several notches. I know you have your ideas as to which networks are super duper awesome and which ones must be garbage because we didn't put your favorite in this time. Just because we have to think of thousands of Andromo developers and base our decisions not on the single squeaky wheel but on total votes doesn't mean we won't get to your favorite, and it doesn't mean there is some evil conspiracy either.

The fact is that we've looked at dozens of networks and have added quadrupled the number of revenue options available to Andromo users in the past 6 weeks. We'll keep adding more.

Every network has their fanboys and each network claims to be better than all the others. Ask Mark about the $75 CPM he's getting on AdMob (hint - it really doesn't count if your sample size is 3). Or the $110 CPM claims on some other networks (I'm not going to name them, as it's ludicrous). The point is, that claims are easy to make... When you actually do the legwork and digging, it's not always what it's cracked up to be. But, we'll keep doing the digging and evaluating options.

Sure, we'll look Amazon's stuff further when it's out of beta. I'm not sure why you think it's a golden goose, but if you have some verifiable data to share, go ahead. One of the most obvious problems with their ad network is that you *have to* have your app distributed on the Amazon store or you can't use their network.

• Sorry, I just didn't feel like I was being heard because new ad options keep coming out, but they don't seem to be ones that I've seen anyone actually ask for. I've actually done fairly well with AdMob, but have been disappointed when trying some of the other options you've introduced.

I don't know if Amazon Ads would do well for me, but they are a company I trust and am familiar with. I don't know if it will ever come out of "beta." Amazon and Google both tend to keep things labelled as "beta" for years (look at Amazon Mechanical Turk or Gmail), but that doesn't mean they don't work. I actually do a lot more sales through Amazon than I do through Google, so it doesn't bother me that my free apps would have to be available through Amazon (they already are) in order to use the ads. But I understand that it's not for everyone. Then again, neither is piggybacking a huge caller ID program. ;)

Anyway, I do appreciate the work you guys put into making Andromo better. Sorry for being a pain in the neck. :)
  • you need to have the app on google play to be a mob partner!!! i dont need that! mob is not a partner and custumer service is zero
  • @andro9 It doesn't sound like Mobpartner is a good choice for you. However, I'm also not really sure what ad networks will work for you or what you're doing really if you don't want to put your app up on Google Play... :-? But, best of luck with that!
  • my app was on google play but i was disappointed - very strange customer service . One of my app was very popular and i just ask one question to admob and everything collapse ! I don t want to remember...

Good luck to you! You are the best Colin!

• Mark is also making apps? What kind? :) It would be interesting to know.
  • @hendrixs The kind that don't get many downloads...ho ho ho. But yes I do make apps using Andromo from time to time. It's a really good way to get a feel for the service, find bugs, and (I think) understand what our user base a little bit more.

The majority of my apps are "news" apps that group available content into one convenient app source. But I also like to run little "experiments" with my apps to see what end users are into these days.

mark.