Notification from Google Play (No Pingjam)

edited November 2013 in General Discussion
Tonight I received a warning from Google Play:

This is a notification
that your application, XXXXXXX, with package ID
com.andromo.XXX.appXXX, Is currently in violation of our
developer terms.

REASON FOR WARNING: Violation of the Ad-Policy:

• Ads associated with your app must not interfere with other apps or their ads.

After a regular review, we have determined that your app contains ad
functionality which disrupts or interferes with the usage of other apps
or their ads. This is in violation of the policy provision cited above.

Your application will be removed if you do not make modifications to
bring it into compliance within 7 days of the issuance of this
notification.  If you have additional applications in your catalog,
please also review them for compliance.

All violations are tracked. Serious or repeated violations of any
nature will result in the termination of your developer account, and
investigation and possible termination of related Google accounts. If
your account is terminated, payments will cease and Google may recover
the proceeds of any past sales and the cost of any associated fees (such
as chargebacks and payment transaction fees) from you.

Before uploading or publishing any new applications, please review the Developer Distribution Agreement and Content Policy.

The Google Play Team

------------------
I already sent them a reply asking why, because all I'm using is Admob, but I thought I'd let you guys know. It's weird that this is my only ad-supported app that I've been contacted about. The only difference with this one is that the first version I made did have Pingjam in it, but I removed it nearly a month ago.

Comments

• To remove it was good, but it would even be better to notify that it was there used before (just show it in grey).

During that task it comes up that Next page is only on the bottom of the page of projects. Would be nice if I can go already to the next page with a link on top.
  • Yet another post of removing Ping Jam but still getting flagged, something very odd is happening here.
  • got the same... and already removed the pingjam sdk a week ago?

so.. and now, whats next?

• @tholyoak Sorry to hear that, if you hear anything relevant from Google please let us know.
  • my account suspended today.without any google notice. thx to admob renew thier ip app id. thx again.
  • @benajmi2 What reason did Google give for your removal?
  • It appears that Google isn't playing straight here. They seem to be intent on suspending any app that ever had Pingjam in it at any time in the past. At this moment, I would recommend that if you have any apps that ever had Pingjam in it, you take them down off of Google Play immediately. It's not worth getting your account terminated.

Google is swinging their ban hammer really wide right now. It doesn't seem to be limited to Pingjam either. Lots of threads from Android developers all over the place:

http://forums.makingmoneywithandroid.com/advertising-networks/3307-ads-associated-your-app-must-not-interfere-other-apps-their-ads.html

• something tells me that what happened to adsense accounts in the past is happening to google play here. The fortunate thing in android is that there is not the same monopoly google has on the internet. Many other appstores are growing strong.

I recommend to all users to andromo to expand and spread your efforts to other networks as soon as possible.
    Otherwise termination of google account will mean termination of your business too and that's very annoying.....
  • the reason is violating their policy repeatedly.Later i forward the email.
  • Unable to access a Google product

If you've been redirected to this page from a particular product, it means that your access to this product has been suspended. Read on for more information.

Your access to this Google product has been suspended because of a perceived violation of either the Google Terms of Service or product-specific Terms of Service. For specific product guidelines, please visit the homepage of each Google product you're interested in for a link to its Terms of Service.

Google reserves the right to:

• Disable an account for investigation.
    • Suspend a Google Account user from accessing a particular product or the entire Google Accounts system, if the Terms of Service or product-specific policies are violated.
    • Terminate an account at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.

Next steps for suspended accounts: If you believe your access to this product was suspended in error, contact us.

Msg from google if i access google play.

• Google Play Support <googleplay-developer-support@google.com>
    Nov 7 (2 days ago)
    to me

This is a notification that your Google Play Publisher account has been terminated.

REASON FOR TERMINATION: Prior violations of the Content Policy and Developer Distribution Agreement by this or associated accounts as outlined in previous emails sent to the registered email address(es) of the Publisher account(s).

Please note that Google Play Publisher suspensions are associated with developers, and may span multiple account registrations and related Google services. If you feel we have made an error, you can visit the Google Play Help Center article for additional information regarding this termination.

Do not attempt to register a new developer account. We will not be restoring your account at this time.

The Google Play Team

• 1. i never used pingjam.
    2. this is new account it have 7 apps so far and pure non copyright other. My apps based on religion.
     very sad google do this to me..i lost my salary...
  • @benajmi2 My account was also terminated so we can,t do any thing now except beat around the bush.

• I still haven't received a response to my query from Google after receiving the warning I posted at the beginning of this thread, but I have "unpublished" the app in question as Colin recommended. Fortunately, it was a Halloween app, so it wasn't as painful as it might have been.
  • Here's one thing I was doing which I have stopped (after re-reading terms):

I had a webpage activity that linked to a YouTube search results, rather than use the YouTube Activity.

The problem with this is that my ads showed over the top of the content on that page.  You are not allowed to show ads when viewing YouTube videos.  So the only safe way is to use the YouTube activity as it is.
    I have never been sent an email warning from Google, but it is a very good idea to re-read through all the terms and change your App to be compatible.
  • Thanks for this important share, @tamworthheat.