I just made my first Android app!

I'm a 49 year old liberal arts guy who was surprised to find out that I could create an Android app (using Andromo) w/out any help! My (personal) app is full-fledged, it has an icon on the home screen of my Android :)

Are there others like me out there?!
Tagged:

Comments

• Yes i am in my early 40's and i am working on my first app but need a little help making one. let me know if you can help
  • Right on! Congrats on making your first app. Now, to make your second and third apps!

Good luck!
  • 55 yrs old, started messing three weeks ago, and just posted my 1st app to google play this week. Nothing fancey but my wife thinks I'm a genious! Now looking into the HTML Archive activity for the next venture!!! Happy days!
  • stacheldrad That's very cool. As a programmer I know the feeling of accomplishment you get when you complete a project. Good luck with your future apps.

mark
  •  Mark, I'm so chuffed that I've started looking into programming course's.  I'd like to get into the bones of it. I don't know how far I'll get, but I'll give it a damn good shot. HTML, JAVA,  that'll keep me going for years it looks a bit like Arabic!
    But with nine active installs recorded of my app (I only know one of them - My wife!) I wouldn't be this happy if it was a hundred! Although a hundred may make my day as-well!  :-)

• Yes I'm just like you, I'm 44 years old and  I just created my first app with Andromo, hopefully many more to come.
  • @stacheldrad If you are looking to get into Android programming I would be sure to make use of the Android Developers website. It has a lot of reference material and tutorials, this is a good place to start: http://developer.android.com/resources/tutorials/hello-world.html

http://stackoverflow.com/ will also be your friend: specifically http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/android

@zaineart Best of luck with your Andromo development, keep on making apps.

mark.
  • edited July 2012
    2nd App posted onto Google play last Thursday... Monday now, and I've clocked up 2900 downloads - over 1k active - So cool! 5 star comment's! 14,0000 requests and short of two dollars. I wouldn't be this chuffed if it was a thousand.... Although I wouldn't complain!
    Html archive is the way to make it interesting and user friendly
    I use a drag and drop editor with mobile friendly templates built in which have worked a treat when customised on both my Galaxy tab and ace, and obviously two thousand plus other devices.and growing!
    Now to see where I can go from here.

Plus started incorporating snippets of Jave into my developments!  Cool and exciting!
    Thanks for the links Mark _ I'll check them out.
  • I'm 55, and my first app was made two years ago with a different company. (Motherapp) We were doing so well, had over 5,000 downloads, *until I needed tech support*. They failed. Now you know why I am here! This company's customer service is "Nordstrom" quality.

I've made three apps here, and believe me, this is so much easier than what I used before. So glad to see so many enthusiast members here!  This is fun!