Andromo App Maker for Android v4.0.2 Released

by Leave a Comment (Edit)

Andromo App Maker for Android version v4.0.2 has been released.

Here is the list of changes in this version:

• Added the ability to play a single YouTube video using the “Single Video” option within YouTube activity.
  • Added the "Playlist ID" and "Search Phrase" options to the YouTube activity to make it easier to generate the correct YouTube feed in those cases.
  • Added the “Enable Geolocation permissions” option to the Website, HTML Archive, Custom Page activities.
  • Added the Banner Ads option to the Website, HTML Archive, and RSS
    activities, that lets you control how banner ads are displayed within
    those activities.
  • Made it so that the old-style AdMob Id could be used as an AdMob interstitial Id.
  • Fixed an issue where OGG files could not be uploaded as Audio tracks in some web browsers.
  • Fixed some small issues on the website.

Andromo App Maker for Android v4.0.2 is now live at www.andromo.com.

Comments

• Great work! Congrats and thanks :)
  • Hi. Good improvements but...
    Somme bugs too.

In "Maps" activity geolocation does not work.

Some web sites as openstreetmaps are not properly showed in "Website" activity (in the other version is showed properly). http://www.openstreetmap.org/ shows now the right buttons totally grey, without the little picture inside.

Please, correct the bugs.
  • @nostraf please open a ticket at http://support.andromo.com with this information, describing exactly what isn't working and the settings that you are using.
  • These are good updates!  Thank You!
  • Mark can i add admob ad with single video youtube activity or it's against admob TOS?
  • edited March 2014
    It is indeed against the AdMob terms of use, but the single video opens externally in the YouTube app so in this case there is nowhere for an ad to appear.

So you can enable AdMob in an app that uses single YouTube videos, without worrying that the ad might appear alongside the video (which would be against the rules).
  • Thanks for the update the You tube search function made my day. 
  • Great updates, thank you guys! Keep 'em coming! :)
  • Thanks for the update!

Say, do you guys have a roadmap you can share with us?  Roughly what's coming?

I know I'm sort of stalled on what I'm doing until we can get nested/pages of activities; be nice to know if that sort of thing is "coming soon" or "It's on the list, but don't hold your breath" if you know what I mean. :)

Oh, and I'd kill to get rid of the download button on the podcast activity.
  • Good idea, darkuni.
  • The PDF activity has seem to stop working - at least for me.

This is the error I'm getting when trying to upload a PDF file.
    • Pdf content type is invalid and is invalid
    • Pdf is invalid, is invalid, and is invalid
  • It works in the latest Chrome, however, it still doesn't work in latest Firefox.
  • @hendrixs
    I just tested the PDF activity in FireFox and didn't have any problems. If you submit a support ticket, we'll try to replicate it again with your specific file in case that makes any difference in this case.
  • edited March 2014
    I'll submit the ticket, thanks. In the meanwhile, here's how the error looks like: http://postimg.org/image/jg1w2dd9b/. I've tried many different PDF's.
  • @hendrix - please try it again now and let us know if the problem is solved.
  • @colinadams: Works like a charm now, thanks. :) You guys rock.
  • Thank you SO MUCH for this :
    Added the “Enable Geolocation permissions” option to the Website, HTML Archive, Custom Page activities.
    I asked it. You did it. Thank you !
  • Thank You so much guys... you are doing awesome job!!! Keep it up  :)