Google suspended my app and I don't know why (and what to do next)...

edited August 2015 in General Discussion
Hi, today I saw in my Google Developer account that they have suspended an app I published called My Linux Wallpapers, here is a quote:

REASON FOR SUSPENSION:Violation of the impersonation or deceptive behavior provisions of the Content Policy.

I don't have a clue of what's the reason, in Google Play there is another app called Linux Wallpaper, and another called Linux Wallpapers. The images I've used are free for commercial use, and my app icon mentions the word 'Linux', but those other apps include Debian and Mint icons, and haven't been banned. Could you give me a hint of why could have this happened, and what's the best path of action? Is it a good idea appealing? Thank you...

Comments

• Sorry to hear that. Even if you see apps like that on GP it does not mean that they are allowed to be made by everyone else. They either haven't been "caught" yet or they have some sort of permissions. Linux is a trademarked term as well.

If your account is in a good standing I would not bother to appeal. However, you might try, but don't reason your appeal as "other people have it, too!"
  • Make sure you are not using the same exact name as another app. If you are not and prove to them you can use the images then appeal. This happen to me, I appealed and they put my app back on google pay. 
  • Thank you so much for your answers, I guess you all know how unsettling is receiving one of those GP messages...

The thing is, with a previous app of mine called 'Toyota Kata Questions', I received a similar message, but the icon to submit a new version was available, which I did: I modified the app's description to be shorter, changed the name to 'Improvement Kata Questions', and then it got accepted...

This time, however, the resubmit icon cannot be clicked, so my only possibility of action would be to present an appeal. I haven't done it before, that's why I wanted to get informed...

I wonder what kind of proof does google demand regarding the origin of the images. From what I remember, I picked most of them from Google Images, marking the option 'labeled for reuse' and 'labeled for reuse with modification' in the Usage Rights tab, BUT, I don't remember it for sure, but there were not many to choose from so maybe I took 1 or 2 screenshots out of other pages (not saving a premade image, but going to a website, taking a screenshot of the whole page and then editing the region with the image)...

What do you think, is it worth trying an appeal? If I appeal, could some outcome leave my account in a worse situation? Is it better if I forget about this app and just take it as a learning experience? What bugs me here, all in all, is that I don't know exactly what's the line I'm not supposed to cross...