How to create a sub menu?

Hi all, just started with Andromo and I can't figure out how to do a submenu,

I selected a list style(text only) dashboard, and I created 2 activities that I can find on the left hidden menu (when you pull it from the left to appear.)
However I want to have a dropdown submenu for those 2.

Just an example:
Main Menu
-A
-B
-C

Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• This feature has been added in andromo engine, but has not been released yet to the public so at the moment you cannot do it.
    Soon however, it will be available.
  • Sub menus are a feature that still needs to be implemented on the website. (It's already there in the engine but there is no user interface for it yet.)

If you need a solution right now, it is technically possible to create a menu using special "andromo://" links on HTML pages that direct to an activity in your project. You would need to create the links on an HTML-based activity (a Custom Page or HTML Archive activity) for each level in your submenu. See: http://support.andromo.com/kb/activities/html-archive-activity#linking-to-another-activity

The actual sub-menu feature (activity groups) will have much more functionality than you could achieve in HTML, however. For example, images and theme settings can cascade from one level to the next; group activities can inherit theme and image settings from their parents, so if you want, you'll be able to define the look of a whole "branch" by changing the settings at the start of that branch (or from any point in the "tree" that you want), instead of having to edit each activity individually.
  • Thank you for your response. Any idea when it will be released for the public?

I am not in rush with my current project, however it depends on submenus highly.
    So basically (at current functionality) I have to make all activities I need with the related content in it, then on the parent activity page (A) I make a link to all the child activities (1,2,3), then hide them (1,2,3)?

• edited September 2017
    Any idea when it will be released for the public?
    I'm not sure when it will be released to the public -- it depends when @colin will be able to complete the web changes.
    So basically (at current functionality) I have to make all activities I need with the related content in it, then on the parent activity page (A) I make a link to all the child activities (1,2,3), then hide them (1,2,3)?
    Yes, exactly.

• Hey Guys. I'm planning an app that could take heavy advantage of subcategories. I don't want to rush anyone, just curious if there's a ballpark estimation on when they might be coming? I'm only asking as I'm not sure whether I should go with the workaround above, or wait for them to be properly implemented, which wouldnt' really be much of a problem if they're coming soon.

Thanks guys!
  • A good rule to live by is to never wait, and just do it. I’d go with the current way of doing things and get your app out there. You can always update and improve it later if you want. While yes, a more “integrated” way to do categories is coming, it’s not in the next few days. A few other things need attention first.
  • This is a feature that would help many of my apps as well and am eagerly awaiting this feature to be added!
  • Well. Is there any news about sub menu implementation?
  • Still no update on this - its been months now?
  • edited February 2018
    We post all updates when released to our blog and Twitter. The technique of using andromo:// links as described above still works just fine if you want to do that today.
  • @colinadams Please could you guys explain again with a sample html code for on how we can add the subactivities