• Yandex
    • GetJar
    • Mobango
    • Soc.io
    • Openmobileww
    • AppsZoom
    • AppsFire
    • CNet
  • Any particular notes on performance etc. for Yandex, appszoom, appsfire and cnet?
    I haven't used those.
  • Haven't used them yet. I working on it now.

I've just learned that we can't publish apps with ads on Nook App Store? I didn't read the TOS yet, just had a talk with a friend of mine.
  • I am not sure on NOOK.
    I tried Yandex - what's AWESOME is once you upload the apk, it attempts to find descriptions/screenshots and all from other stores. I uploaded there 8 apps in a matter of 20 mins only because it found all of them in Gplay.
  • Sorry for doubleposting but I tried out a few.

Appszoom lists all apps in GooglePlay as long as it finds them. When I logged in with same email address that Gplay got, it showed me all my Gplay apps in appszoom
    CNET - I simply cannot find how to upload there
    AppsFire - They ask for the package name so they find it in googleplay, but an error keeps popping up so I don't know what's wrong there.
  • Thanks for the detailed info, anteos!

Yeah, Yandex is GREAT! It's super easy to upload stuff there. I like their interface.

Try to sign up here for Cnet: https://upload.cnet.com/

Didn't try the AppsFire yet, but I had similar issues with Mobango today - the page where uploads should be made was down due to some kind of server error.
  • edited November 2013
    Thanks I had come across this link but thought it's related to other kind of software.
    Let's see how CNET is...

EDIT: Seems they require a direct download link, need to find a way on it.
  • One of my apps just got accepted on Soc.io. Yey! Btw, Yandex is very poor for me in terms of downloads. :(
  • edited November 2013
    Socio has never refused one of my apps, but generally they are slow at reviewing them. Yandex has some of my apps now but I will evaluate its performance when 1 week has passed or so.
    Also checking: Mobile9, but I use the publish option, not the "import from google play" option.
  • Thanks for sharing, anteos. So far Samsung has been the best alternative app store for me by far. But their review process takes 1 or two weeks. Also, updating an app is a pain (again the whole review process). But then again, it's better to be rejected sooner, than later.
  • Samsung refused 2 of my apps lately. Thing is on one of the apps reason was that there was a GooglePlay link in "share option" or that's what they told me on certification report though. I can't imagine where it was but I can see why they want links only to their own market.
    Also checking t-store, Korean market but with enough English. Uploaded one app only due to not having much free time and seems their review process takes long. Based on onepf.org link though, they got a quite large community
  • After uploading 10 apps to samsung, all other apps and updated apk's are accepted within 24hours.
    I'm still yet to reach that though
  • @anteos: Most probably your forgot to uncheck "Show Social Sharing Button" on Dashboard.
  • There is really a Google Play link in the Share option? I never checked it and never disabled it either, so I wonder how come my rest apps had got accepted at Samsung
  • I am still trying to find which market I will attempt to upload my first paid app.
    I would opt for Samsung, but I saw they charge extremely high fees.
    Then goes Amazon, which I might actually try but download numbers on my free apps are disappointing

Anybody knows how one can sell an app in Opera? The textboxes for bank account settings etc seem to be too simple way of letting them know how you want to be paid. How did you fill those up? They really dont seem to offer much help with what I want to do. Can't even find info on payment thresholds/schedules/etc
  • @anteos: Don't be discouraged by low download rates for free apps. One of my paid apps has better "downloads" than many of my free apps. But then again, it's a hit & miss game.
  • Thank you, I will try my luck :)
  • I just uploaded an apk to Amazon and it got passed and is available for sale, all within 40 minutes, the fastest ever, usually takes a day or two... Nice
  • Hey,

Anyone of using that: OpenMobile World Wide ?

My account has been approved but not to sure if I will use it.
  • @f1_fan I am on there.  I've registered, but heard nothing yet.  I say Go for it.  Apparently, it's the biggest independent Appstore
  • Openmobile is in beta version and currently not doing anything ( I mean you can upload your apps there but nothing more will happen) - I asked a representative of them with whom I had a series of e-mails. They seem willing to help, really professional and I like their support. So, I have hopes in them becoming somethign useful in the near future.
  • Thank you so much! Very useful informations. :)
  • OpenMobile has a great support, yes.

Btw, Mobango is extremely disappointing for me. They need at least a week to review the submitted app (it takes even longer now), and downloads are in dozens. I will leave my apps there, because I don't know how to close the account. :)

By the way, a little off-topic question: does anyone uses iTunes or Windows app stores (for the custom made apps or apps made with other tools than Andromo)? Are the downloads comparable to GP?
  • OPEN MOBILE WORKS IN PARTNERSHIP WITH OPERA.
    All my Opera Apps will automatically appear on OPENMOBILE.
    This is Good News!
    Email from Opera:
    "...Thanks to our partnership with OpenMobile, your apps will automatically be available through OpenMobile’s distribution channels..."
  • They've transferred three of my apps, the rest need to be done manually (in my case).

Btw, Mobango is out of business, as it seems. Their contact email doesn't work and they don't review the apps anymore.

Any experience with iTunes / Windows Marketplace, anyone?
  • edited November 2013
    Mobango are still there, I've had 2 apps approved today (that I submitted a week ago).  Although I have noticed that it's taking longer to get them approved.  It's still worth it for me uploading there (at the mo). No exp with IOS or Win but I like the idea of Amazon Web apps
  • Thanks for the info. I got discouraged after two weeks, but as it seems, it was not worth for me. I always publish my 3 best performing apps first, but with Mobango, things didn't move anywhere.

I've sent them an email and my mail was rejected (the address does not exist - but I've sent the email to the right address).
  • Just as my Kindle HDX was enabled, I fount the 1mobile.com app store, which seems to be awesome! I can run just about any app on my Kindle thanks to 1mobile. Does anyone know, can we upload our apps there? Are major players are using it.
  • @hendrixs - Yes I like the look of 1mobile.com
    I'm just going to sign up now: http://developer.1mobile.com/login/
    See what happens!
  • edited November 2013
    I am logged in 1mobile.com.
    Problem is it shows a bug when you try publish your app. It initially asks for an 80x80max icon and no matter what logo I give to it, it shows DB Update Failed.

I contacted them and no-one replied. In search results, I found out 1mobile lists Gplay apps, and you cannot upload there.
    If someone makes it, I am interested too.

PS I am looking into it now and found out I went through author.1mobile.com and not developer.1mobile.com. Let's see.

EDIT: I was right to a point. The app was already on in 1mobile. When I tried listing one, I got the message:

Upload failed

The package name : "com.andromo.dev260045.app252489" is already used in 1Mobile, but no one own the app. Would you like to reclaim it?If yes, please contact business@1mobile.com