The Best App Market places for my App?

Comments

• @sylviathewitch: Funny thing is that after writing my last message, the earnings have gone up considerably. Like if someone saw my message and said "ups, we forgot about you - here you go". I have about 100% increase in downloads on Amazon, but none of my apps is making 1000+ DL/day (on Amazon).
  • I am thinking of starting doing some paid promotion, on apps which seems to need a boost (such as seasonal apps).
    We are not talking about much money of course, especially since I feel I am still fresh in the game and still have much to learn. Do you have any suggestions on what I should choose?
    Admob, Opera, other? I was thinking of avoiding Admob for this, though.
  • @anteos Why were you thinking of avoiding AdMob? You can also use AdMob house ads to advertise you apps within your other apps.
  • @mark
    I guess trying not to fiddle with Admob too much and keep it only for the "inward traffic of money"
    :)
    Not exactly a serious reason of course. Thing is, I am mainly asking to try find a store/promoting option which gives more compared to what it costs.
  • edited January 2014
    @anteos I spent $10 advertising with Opera (£6).  It got me 100 downloads for the first week then a consistent rate of about 65/week for about 3 months and then dropped off completely.  So for me it was worth it, I have a high retention rate with opera.  It depends on the app for sure but for the sake of 6 quid it's well worth trying.

• @tamworthheat

So you added the $25 asked as minimum for adding fees, and then used 10 of them for promotion?
  • Can someone help with publishing in PandaApp?

Unless I am wrong, through the Resource Share option, they ask for full download links, Appbrain link for the descriptions ( I have submitted to appbrain hundreds of times and I never managed to find my apps in there) and more. They do not allow direct Google Drive link either, so I cannot grasp the whole idea. Where could I upload my apps that they would accept them?
  • I just used this useful tool:

Gives a basic report of my apps and shows improvements
  • @tamworthheat is this AppBrain free or do you have to pay for use?
  • f1_fan free, you upload your google playstore apps here: http://www.appbrain.com/info/addapp

• @tamworthheat
    I have used that link to add my apps more than 5 times and none of my apps is there. I have contacted them through e-mail to try find a fix.
  • Well i noticed that the info it has for my apps is about 3 weeks old (description etc) so may be it takes ages to ge them searchable... God knows
  • ok, I add an apps to opera and checked option to put his app to other markets like yandex, but once I checked today my apps are not there. Anyone of you experience this?
  • I can't remember how long it takes for them to show in the secondary markets but it does take longer...
  • ok thanks
  • I have seen some comments about apps that are "grey area" or a bit sexy, well i just noticed this:

Appslib - 

"...Apps are categorized and there’s even an adult section, which is PIN protected. You can also pay for apps using PayPal..."

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/android-app-stores/#ixzz2q3VVNKKE 

The article lists some other appstores ive not heard of, ive just cut and paste here, ive not checked them out yet:

1Mobile, Appia, App Brain, AppsFire, AppsZoom, Android Pit, Brophone, CNET, Handango, Handster, Insyde Market, Mobango, Mobile9, Nexva,Opera Mobile App Store, Soc.io, and there’s also the Baidu App Store in China, and Yandex in Russia.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/android-app-stores/#ixzz2q3Yz6094 
    Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook

• Yeah the Opera Mobile store you should definitelty check out for sure. Its a crapshot but sometimes you get lucky and get thousands of downloads.
  • edited January 2014
    Hi guys and girls!

Have you found out additional interesting markets which performed OK besides the ones already noted in this and other threads in these forums?
    I want to start some intense marketing campaign: find new markets, find way to attract customers on existing apps, promote if needed.

PS. I want to try venture in Asia. China is a strong player, but their Android markets do not include English! How am I supposed to upload my apps there :S
  • Hey guys, how do Barnes & Noble and Amazon compare in terms of sales for your apps? Are they roughly the same or does one outperform the other by a big margin? Thanks.
  • Hey Everyone,

After experimenting these last few months is there any consensus as to which app stores are the best?

For me the top is Google Play, followed by Amazon or Samsung (depending on the app).
  • 1st - Samsung - (by far the best for download numbers & retention, and Ad clicks)
    2nd - Google PlayStore - (Although with 2 of my apps this is the biggest)
    3rd - Opera
    4th - Amazon (Used to be much better, i get next to nothing now)
    5th - Soc.io

All others are mediocre but still very much worth the efforts of keeping apps up to date.
  • 1st - GP
    2nd - Samsung performs better with 2 of my apps, but on general, I get 2x-5x more downloads on GP
    3rd - Amazon - but it's peanuts only. Paid apps are good, tho.
    4th - Opera - next to nothing. :-(
  • More or less agree with @tamworthheat and @hendrixs, with the addition of GetJar somewhere in the top 4.
  • My best sales - by far - have been from Amazon and B&N. Unfortunately it appears that at least part of that was because of the support for older devices, which has now disappeared.
  • Interestingly enough I saw this in my twitter feed last night: Exclusive: GetJar, an early app store maker, has been acquired
  • Good find, thanks @mark. Hope we will see some benefits ASAP. :)
  • Further to what @tamworthheat said do you feel that uploading to these app stores is worth it? Even the smaller ones?
  • It takes about 1hour of our time and could offer, in total of small Android markets, maybe 100 downloads per day, at least for me. Even if it was 10 per day for all markets, I would still consider it worthy of my 1 hour of time.
  • I just put up a Android App Store Survey: http://forums.andromo.com/discussion/987/android-app-store-survey#Item_1 If you have the time please participate.

• @mark: I'm sticking to GP, Samsung, Amazon and Opera. I've discontinued other app stores.