Thanks to Pingjam ! Google Play Developer Account Suspension

edited November 2013 in General Discussion
All of those which used pingjam and they have suspended apps in their developer account, get ready for this email.I already got it this morning.
Inspite of all the reupload with new package name, nothing works.Here is the email.

This is a notification that your Google Play Publisher account has been terminated.

REASON FOR TERMINATION: Multiple violations of the Content Policy andDeveloper Distribution Agreement as outlined in previous emails sent to the registered email address of your Publisher account.

Please note that Google Play Publisher terminations are associated with developers, and may span multiple account registrations and related Google services. If you feel we have made an error, you can visit the Google Play Help Center article for additional information regarding this termination.

Please do not attempt to register a new developer account. We will not be restoring your account at this time.

The Google Play Team

" I don't know what to do now.Any advice!

Comments

• Are you sure that you don't have any other violations in your apps besides Pingjam, such as content material violations? Have you received any of those in the past for any of your apps?
  • That is unfortunate for you for sure. However, like Darryl said, Google won't terminate an account for a first time violation, unless there are excessive and blatant content/copyright violations. They certainly wouldn't terminate your account for having a newly decided non-compliant ad network (i.e. Pingjam) - In every case I've heard of, everyone affected by that policy change was given notice to upload a new version of their apps without Pingjam. From what you posted the reason is "multiple violations of the Content Policy" (ie copyright etc).
  • edited November 2013
    Goes back to my start diversifying and get away from Google post I just made. Ie Amazon, Samsung and Apple markets have a good amount of users. Find another ad network and move on, if Google pisses off enough people other Ad networks might have the ECPM raised because they have enough impressions to attract more advertisers..

Amazon is not an option for non US based apps, because do not pay for non US impressions/clicks.  I am in the US and Amazon's Ads are not impressing me. So I am currently testing about 8 different ad networks, yes this is outside of Andromo due to the limited built in networks, but Google has to go in the long run as far as I am concerned.

I make thousands a month off of Admob and I want away from them, that should say something in it's self.

• when my five apps suspended due to pingjam, i got notification on Nov 2 with the suspension.Before that i didn't got any notification.

REASON FOR REMOVAL: Violation of the System Interference provision of the Content Policy.

All violations are tracked. Serious or repeated violations of any nature will result in the termination of your developer account, and investigation and possible termination of related Google accounts. If your account is terminated, payments will cease and Google may recover the proceeds of any past sales and the cost of any associated fees (such as chargebacks and payment transaction fees) from you.

If your developer account is still in good standing, you may revise and upload a new instance of the app that is compliant with the developer terms. Before uploading any new applications, please review the Developer Distribution Agreement and Content Policy.

If you feel we have made this determination in error, you can visit this Google Play Help Center article for additional information regarding this removal.

The Google Play Team

Then i remove pingjam,changed the package name to .net.andromo****** and resubmited only three of my apps and bammmm.Acount suspended.

Before that they are working fine and i have my own youtube gameplay videos.These apps were related to gamewalkthroughs.And you can find thousands of apps related to youtube videos still up there.

• edited November 2013
    Humm, DarthVapor kept saying his apps would be banned even after he removed PingJam from them. Is something being left in the manifest file during build? (this question is towards Andromo)

At this point I wouldn't chance resubmitting anything that ever had PingJam in it, I get what the Andromo guys are saying you remove it it shouldn't be in the apk, but if there is some kind of weird permission in the manifest hanging around then that would be bad. I am half tempted to unpack an apk and check.

• it's very critical to have more ad networks and submit to other appstores. Amazon, samsung , opera appstores have enough users and growing. Google sometimes shows arrogance which can become irritating and you can't contact them at all. 

The solution is simple :
    Many  diffrent ad networks + other appstores like above mentioned = a way to leave Google monopoly.....
  • edited November 2013
    @admin786 I'm not sure why your app got banned after you uploaded it with a new package name. Did they supply you with the same reason both times? E.g. System Interference provision?

@straybullet Nothing was left in your app previously if you disabled Pingjam. We went through our source line-by-line to make 100% sure of that. Additionally, as of 3.2.8 Pingjam has been totally removed from our codebase, so even if you had it enabled before rebuilding will automatically remove it from your app.
  • @diasapps Just to be clear you can submit to Amazon, Samsung, and Opera right now using Andromo. Are there any app stores that you can't submit to now?

Thanks for the suggestion about the ad networks.
  • mark of course anyone can submit to the appstores i mentioned. There is no restriction on that and i recommend it to all. The ad networks is a different issue. 
  • @mark The second time they replay with termination.You can see the first post,i already copy the termination email there.At this time REASON FOR TERMINATION: Multiple violations of the Content Policy andDeveloper Distribution Agreement  .Question arieses some of my apps working fine for months and they all have the same formula youtube gameplay videos.But when i made 6 new apps with pingjam,4 games videos and two radio apps using southcast.Content policy doesn't fit in this equation.
  • My account was also terminated because of ping Jam...I had 10 apps with pingjam in them and all got disabled on Nov 2. I did rebuild all apps without it and then got the whole account banned banned on Nov 6 because of the multiable violations....
  • See what i told you in first post.Sooner or later termination email will come to all of those who have suspended pingjam apps on their accounts.As with case of mine account and @lawrence72117 account.I pray to Allah that your accounts should not be terminated.
    A word of advice: The Apps which were suspended just forget them and do not try to upload rebuild.May be this will help you to save your account,only i can guess and pray for you.
  • This is sickening. I thought that GP is better than others for not reviewing apps, but I don't think so anymore. It's better to be reviewed and safe than this. It's a wild, wild west on GP.
  • Hi all,

On 2 November, 13 of my apps were 'suspended' due to the 'system interference' that we're all assuming was caused by Pingjam. The email from Google said that I could add the apps again as new apps if they complied with their policies. I went about rebuilding my 4 most popular apps from scratch with Andromo, and only using Admob (before the package name change feature was available), and published to Google Play on 4 and 5 November. When the package name change feature became available in Andromo on 5 November, I used it to rename my other apps and published to Google Play on 6 November. On 7 November, i received the same email as admin786, saying my developer account has been terminated, due to:

"Multiple violations of the Content Policy and Developer Distribution Agreement as outlined in previous emails sent to the registered email address of your Publisher account". 

The only previous emails I received were for the "system interference" suspension (by Pingjam?), and I've never received content policy or other violation warnings. It is odd that when I rebuilt the 4 apps from scratch (exactly the same as the original apps), that Google was ok with them, and when I renamed the package name through Andromo, Google didn't like those apps.... 

This is really disappointing, as I was earning $300 - $400 / day with my apps, and now Google have terminated my account and warned me to not try to register a new developer account...
  • It appears that Google isn't playing straight here. They seem to be
    intent on suspending any app that ever had Pingjam in it at any time in
    the past. At this moment, I would recommend that if you have any apps
    that ever had Pingjam in it, you take them down off of Google Play
    immediately. It's not worth getting your account terminated.

Google
    is swinging their ban hammer really wide right now. It doesn't seem to
    be limited to Pingjam either. Lots of threads from Android developers
    all over the place:

http://forums.makingmoneywithandroid.com/advertising-networks/3307-ads-associated-your-app-must-not-interfere-other-apps-their-ads.html

• I'm closing this thread. Post further comments to the existing thread here:

http://forums.andromo.com/discussion/799/disable-pingjam-for-apps-on-google-play
This discussion has been closed.